New Busa Owner

Rook54

Registered
:thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

I just purchased and black & silver 05 Busa with 1700 miles, and wanted to say thanks to all those who post on this forum. It has been a huge help pre-purchase, and I'm sure a wealth of information in the future. I look forward to learning from you all and maybe someday will be able to equally contribute to someone else coming on board.

Adam

Illinois

Congrats on the Busa respect it and she will give you things worth remembering... where in Illinois? I live on the Wisconsin boarder and we can ride some time.. I also hit great lakes dragway alot on bike and slick night.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Congrats and welcome! :beerchug: Sounds like a minty '05 you picked up.

:thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

I just purchased and black & silver 05 Busa with 1700 miles,

Nice and congrats on the near new bike. My favorite color scheme and have one myself .

I don't name bikes but my friends call mine <Standard Bore> .

You can't name yours that , just sayin' . :thumbsup:

Congrats and welcome!

Keep an eye on the fuel system - it may need some good preventive cleaning like with Red Line fuel system cleaner - because based on the low mileage it seems the bike was just sitting most of the time, and if the previous owner didn't bother to put any fuel stabilizing additive for those long periods, the fuel system may be partially clogged. Watch for hesitation and bogging at higher rpm.

:beerchug:

Good information!! I will be sure to watch for that. Here are a couple pics!!

mail.jpg

mail[1].jpg

In regards to the fuel system. The seller had the injectors priofessionally cleaned out because it has been sitting. I thought I would drain the existing fuel before running it long and putting in fresh. What would be the recommendation of any additive given the extremely minimal use. It has sat since last fall immediately after being serviced. Any advice is appreciated.

Back