new 1580cc Busa owner

Thanks for the heads up. Beautiful bike by the way. So I've been doing some searching and I have someone who is going to get ahold of the builder of the bike, and I've found the tuner. I should be getting this all straight in the next week.

The bike below has a 1571 (85mm x 69.25mm), which is pretty close to your 1580. I wouldn't dare try to ride it on the street although I could possibly sneak it out to a local bike night if I didn't let it idle in traffic like a stocker. It runs pretty decent but on a very giving dyno it only made 248 on race fuel with very small cams which is a far cry from 300 out of your 1580. Being that my other race bike makes close to 300 on motor and its much larger than the 1571 I would call the BS flag on your 300hp claim from a 1580.

IMG_2063_zps5407cc9a.jpg
+1000

I built a 1580cc gen2roadbike.It has a muzzy 86mm block and an offset ground 68mm crank.Its done several thousand road miles,no problems.It has 12.5;1 comp and only makes
around 220hp,its setup for torque and cruising,it gets 12miles/Litre on the highway.Gen2 throttle bodies and ecu with the woolich logbox made this a bike with stock rideability,its actually easier to ride than a stocker.The torque down low on this thing is where its at,pure joy to roll the throttle on in the higher gears,no waiting for the power like a 1340.budget for around
15-16k ride in ride out for someone to build tune,tune and hand back,it took me a year of planning,building and refining to make it as nice as it became,not cheap,it sits in traffic no problems,temp doesn't climb,I used A,B,C modes in reverse because A mode is the default mode I put the softest timing and richest fuelling in that map and progressing sharpened up the tune in b and c modes based on the known fuel in the tank.It can be done but it was a whole package,not just a catalog of parts to acquire the cc,s and throw together.

I was already thinking no, then I saw the stock header :whistle:

Post Script : I think your friend has some splaining to do lucy.

The pic seems to show stock pipe. I'm just thinking you have a 1299. Not to mention the single battery. Take it for a free dyno some time or pay $25 bucks for a run. I'm thinking @150 RWHP

It's been said repeatedly that the 1507 / 1508 wasn't reliable on the street because crank bearings don't hold up.

A few experts have sounded off already.

Dayum It, I let an old thread get me :laugh:

NOOOOOO.......!!!!

I so had my hopes up. A 1580 streetable build making 300+ on pump gas with a single battery and stock headers...

Damn you reality, damn you!!!... you too old thread, damn you too...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

:laugh:

cheers
ken

:whistle::popcorn: anyone?

Awww dayum! Pretty old one, so i guess the popped corn is stale lol. Oh well lets have the follow up on this bike bro..

i have a 2006 limited

double turbo twin engine with vtec

custom mini mouse headers with Pinocchio slip ons

custom riveted swing arm extension

will trade for Big mac trio and a 6 piece nuggets..

cmon dude.. nobody's that ignorant.....

I built a 1580cc gen2roadbike.It has a muzzy 86mm block and an offset ground 68mm crank.Its done several thousand road miles,no problems.It has 12.5;1 comp and only makes
around 220hp,its setup for torque and cruising,it gets 12miles/Litre on the highway.Gen2 throttle bodies and ecu with the woolich logbox made this a bike with stock rideability,its actually easier to ride than a stocker.The torque down low on this thing is where its at,pure joy to roll the throttle on in the higher gears,no waiting for the power like a 1340.budget for around
15-16k ride in ride out for someone to build tune,tune and hand back,it took me a year of planning,building and refining to make it as nice as it became,not cheap,it sits in traffic no problems,temp doesn't climb,I used A,B,C modes in reverse because A mode is the default mode I put the softest timing and richest fuelling in that map and progressing sharpened up the tune in b and c modes based on the known fuel in the tank.It can be done but it was a whole package,not just a catalog of parts to acquire the cc,s and throw together.

Thanks for doing the build for me glenn71. (after I stuffed things up the first 3 build attempts to try & get it right). You forgot to mention the high ratio 5th n 6th gears & down 2 teeth on the rear sprocket. Fuel economy is brilliant, if not better than a stocker. Torque city too. No problem sitting on the speed limit in top @ 3200 rpm. I'm not really worried about the numbers. The torque is just brilliant. There is no way I'd go back to riding a stocker on the highway. This is my 4th Busa. The last one was a 270 HP Turbo road bike that got planted into a drunk drivers rear passenger door when she went through a red light & failed to give way. Just lucky I wasn't speeding and lived to tell the tale with a severe traumatic brain injury. No need for a Turbo for the road when one has a bike like this on the highway.
Still & all, I like the idea of a Supercharged Stroker Motor, but won't have time to build it as I'll be busy enjoying my riding too much from now on.

Back