New 08 Body Kit (Tail Section)

(GPW @ Jul. 07 2007,20:11) I think you are way off......looks worse than stock........shoot me a fax number I will get you pointed in the right direction.
The man has an eye for details.

If you happen to have an extra section, we would LOVE to put that to use. Just let me know what you want for it and we can make it happen.

I posted an updated pic that we have been working on, Up at the top of this page.

It is only a brief mockup,  but let us know what you guys think.

I will post rear shots as we finish them.

Carbon fiber would nice. No color match needed. I been saying for weeks that sub frame may also be the same as 99-07. If so its a easy tail plastic swap. If dif, then may have to chane subframe also.
Seems like most like the duel lights in the tail. I like the stock single. But some intergrated turn sigs like in the mototeck undertail would be bad azz if ya ask me.
Where you working from?

I have been looking for ever since i bought my 06 for some kinda tail that combines the turn signals into the body work. I looked at allot and could never find anything that really caught my eye. When I saw the pics of the 08 I liked it. Yes i like it. I know that most don't. I kinda do though. Of course not sure about seeing it in person. Now for the tail mods. Im not sure. I would like to see more. Good that it is being looked at already. At least someone is looking for opinions from busa owners on how something looks. good or bad....

This will be very similar to the Mototeck.

It may be hard to tell but once we work it out you will see that the Stop and Turn Lighting is actually underneath the tail section.

Very much like the Mototeck except that the brake light will be centered between the turns.

We are based near Chicago Illinois, South Subarbs.

Thanks Fsusux,

Does anyone feel one way or another about the updated pics?

Any Feedback, Good or Bad is very much appreciated.

Any changes can be made, so any requests may just end up in this tail section.

Definitely better!  I would think the closer to the previous gen tail the better most will like it.  Heck, if there was a way to put the old tail on the new bike I'd have a deposit down already
biggrin.gif

I agree with you Mr. Quinn! Its a great idea to work with the forums and get the peoples voiced opinion. It will only bring more excitement and chatter to the boards.

Keep the options coming. What type of program do you guys use?

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

WAAAAY better than the original!  Youre moving in the right direction for sure, but im still not too nuts about the droop at the far rear of the tail when viewed from the side.

IMHO, keeping it simple is the way to go here.  Just do what Suzuki did with the rest of the bike and keep the same relative shape and size but give it the new Suzuki creases like the GSXRs of the last couple years.  Basically, take a 99-07 tail and add bodylines to match the new bike instead of trying to re-invent the wheel like Zuk.  Aint it funny how the biggest aftermarket part for this new bike is gonna be the friggen tail section?
rock.gif
?

Instead of trying to invent something to compliment a timeless design lets just find a way to fit a first gen tail with something similar to a tail light integrator already in place. The cleaner the better.

Now you're onto something! Much improved over your last (original) design. The blinkers are much better than stock! Nice effort!

I appreciate the feedback guys! We are working on updated pics also.

Also if anyone could spare an oem 99-07 windshield for about a week, please pm me.

We have an Idea that will be truly new!, and once we get a part made I will be able to post in greater detail.

(Johnny_Angel @ Jul. 21 2007,17:04) Also if anyone could spare an oem 99-07 windshield for about a week, please pm me.

We have an Idea that will be truly new!, and once we get a part made I will be able to post in greater detail.
PM sent.

By the way, someone asked what programs we use.

First, just for purposes of getting a general look, We use fireworks.

Once that is close, we will scan an existing part into a cad file, for dimension purposes.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>If any one wants the source file (.png for fireworks) That I used for the updated pics...just let me know

This will allow others to mess around how it would look from a sideview stand point.</span></span>

Maybe if the lights had been recessed into the tail section instead of hanging out it the wind like they are it would have looked better . then you could have put screens over them like a lot of folkd do on the other fairing openings . Or have the light coming out of the existing openings in the lower part of the tail section and just modify the tail so that opening is like a gun port from an older jet fighter .

jet_fighter.JPG

Back