Need some input

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
I'm in a funk.
Rode the Busa the other day and just wasn't feeling it. Turned around and headed home. On the way back I blasted a few of my favorite corners and it just wasn't the same. It just felt awkward. I've had her for 11500 miles and 3 years. I think I've gotten to know her pretty well. If it doesn't feel right, don't push luck.

This is my second season in the dirt after not riding for 25+ years. I was getting comfortable and starting to push. Wrecked last week, but nothing damaged on bike, or body. My son and I hit a buddies private MX track Sunday with a few guys/kids. Had a great time, until the Locust tree...

My buddy let me race his 07 CR250R(2stroke) and he rode my 07 CRF250X(4stroke). He raced pro and rides very, very well. He had passed me going over the table top(doing tricks)a few times on our own bikes and was lining up to do it again. The only way I could save face and not be humiliated by being passed on my own bike was to wreck  
rock.gif
And wreck I did. I hit the whoop section, and about half way through them, I hit the 2 stroke powerband in full force. It rocked me back, the front tire skyward and naturally the right wrist locked to the WOT position. I held onto the bike and went down fairly hard and slid into a locust tree. No damage... to the bike. Me, well, let's just say I'm not getting any younger. We kept riding though and completed the day with sunburn, about a dozen rocky mountain "waters" on board and some contusions/abrasions. I'm sure the "waters" helped with my poor judgement on the track too. They sure did taste good with dirt though...

At any rate. I took the Busa out today for a quick trip to bank. It felt good, but still not "right". I think my confidence has been shaken by going down in the dirt twice in recent rides. I will NOT mix "waters' with the pavement but just don't know how to get my confidence back. The last ride I took before switching rims/tires I pretty much scrubbed the michelin man off the PP edges, And it felt good. Guess I'll just have to take it easy for a while. Things happen for a reason and I'll gladly take a "wake up call" in the dirt over one on the pavement any day.

Anybody else ever have this happen? Am I starting to ride while subconsciously thinking "how much will this hurt" and it's clouding my judgement? 

Okay, that's enough
sad.gif
. Time for a dancing banana.  
banana.gif

After my "wipe out" as the wife like to call it, it took me a long while to just get back into the groove of it. There is a confidence loss in it. You sometimes question your ability. The only real way to get through it is to keep riding. It's kinda like being a new rider again, only this time you know a lot more of the what not to do's.

But seriously, at least in myt case, I know it just took some time. And some road time at a relaxed pace. Just ride where you are comfortable, as you always should, and it will return. Probably quickly, just give it time.

All you can do to boost you confidence is to keep riding bro we all go down just stay on the horse and keep riding you will get that loving feeling back trust me I did

best advise as said. "Ride what feels good to you." All different times and modes effect our riding. I have days which I would not dare to go over 170mph and days when I feel like squeezing it all out in the 200's. Just a DAY dont't worry about it and don't push yourself.

I think it's karmas way of telling you STOP SHINING THE BIKE SO MUCH and just ride
laugh.gif
You know you can't get a serious answer from me
smile.gif

Riding in dirt is completely different, and I think you get over confident on dirt bikes; you can toss 'em around so much more easily, then you crash...Mike's done it (of course he's also crashed some motorcycles LOL) and I've nearly lost it on the dirt bike...they're too much like toys, so you push the limits and assume you'll walk away without a scratch...it's all the stuff you can't do on a motorcycle
smile.gif

Don't even think about selling the Busa...no one and I mean no one will rub on her like you do LOL Take a break, ride when you feel "it" again...

smile.gif

I don't think it has anything to do with old... I think your first statement says it best. You are in a funk. I've been there too. Usually I won't ride for awhile and then the urge gets me.

What I really find helpful is finding a few Busa guys to go riding with. That lifts my spirits and usually lifts the cloud.

There may have been a couple confidence shakers on the dirt track. The spill and maybe even your friend outriding you. But as it has been said, there is always someone faster and better.

It will pass

beerchug.gif

Get up on that pony and ride!
fiddy.gif

Probably the dirt accident got you to thinking about "What if..." It's a sucky place to be. But keep riding, you'll start to forget your mortality again. I'm kind of in that place too... "What if.... that will hurt." I think I need to ride more to get back to my zen.

You'll be ok.

I've had times like that, just can't seem to ride the bike. I notice these usually always happen on week nights after work when I'm really tired, Sat. or Sun. after a good nights sleep and no stress, I can rail then.
Getting flung off the dirt bike is a given, gonna happen, often. I've went to work many Monday mornings looking and feeling like I've been beat with a stick, it'll heal and by the weekend you'll be ready to ride again.
ThumbsUp.gif

Do some cruising brother, take it easy for a while, and enjoy the ride. You will get your urge back to "pick up" the pace sooner or later... Hey just ask Don
biggrin.gif

I think it is best referred to as a "FunK"

I do not connect dirt bikes to street bikes at all.. I plan on falling off dirtbikes as a matter of normal riding.. As you get older, it does take longer to heal up, and so your riding style changes..

If you get bad vibes riding the street on the Busa, you may be expecting to ride like a careless kid or maybe you are ready for a different bike.. I rode Goldwings, XS11's, F series Hondas, Harleys and a number of other twins.. each has its own type of vibe..

I love cruising the Harley.. all American V twin that is unique.. (somewhat jaded since every bozo with a suit and tie bought one) The Busa has its own unique appeal to me (brute speed) My rides have changed a lot over the years but I like them all in their own way..

Give it a few weeks and go look at new bikes to get your spirits up
smile.gif
You might find a new bike that gets your blood going again.. (the Busa is not the only bike but sure is a one of a kind)

Yeah , got that same feeling after my benny hill drop at the gap ! still cant figure out what happened , I think my guardian Angel kinda reached out and ***** slapped me ! anyway always good to go down in the dirt!

You broke your own rules !

ride your own ride !

dont party and ride !

And everyone knows what happens after "watch this "
beerchug.gif

waters got in the way , and judgment was effected!

showing the kids how to wheelie the 80 in the back yard over the past few months has shown me that wiping out in the dirt isnt fun , especialy when everyone around you is laughing
beerchug.gif

Good luck and enjoy the ride !
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

The SPUD predicts............

The FORCE will return young Jedi........
super.gif

lets take the bikes out sunday and see if the funk persists... a full day riding, maybe some marinated burgers at your buddies place and blow out the cobwebs
beerchug.gif

seriously, you probably just need to take a deep breath and just ride for the ride, take it easy and chill
cool.gif
besides, you know you really just didnt want Thomas beating you again
laugh.gif

Back