Need some input/direction

franklinba

Registered
Hello Busa family, i just got a 99 Busa brown and silver with 8500 miles on it and the person that had it before me said the FI oil light came on while riding it. i would like any ideas to possible fix to it. the bike still starts and all but that light just stays on.:please:
thanks

Someone will eventually show up and tell u exactly what it is or could be. Lotta really knowledgable folks on here. In the meantime u can browse or download the service manual from this site.

That is not the oil light. That is the fuel injection light telling you there is a problem with the bike. It is like the check engine light in a car. Have you checked to see what the oil level is threw the oil sight window on the right side of the bike?

First, :welcome: to the site. Congrats on the new bike! :thumbsup:

You gotta download the service manual hosted on this site (thanks NICKSLICK) - here is the link to the thread. So, you can do your own maintenance and troubleshoot issues.

If the bike shows FI light consistently, the ECU (Electronic Control Module) stores the codes giving more details. In order to see the codes on your display (where the clock is shown), you need to switch the bike into a dealer mode. If you lift the seat, on the left side of the bike, closer to the hump there is a seemingly unused female connector which has only two wires inside. Just put a clip in there while the bike shows FI light, and it will start showing one or more codes. Simply look them up in the service manual starting on page 4-29. It also explains more about dealer mode. Let's see what codes you come up with..

I actually installed a micro switch under the hump and connected it to that connector, so I can easily switch to dealer mode if/when I need to read the code.

First, :welcome: to the site. Congrats on the new bike! :thumbsup:

You gotta download the service manual hosted on this site (thanks NICKSLICK) - here is the link to the thread. So, you can do your own maintenance and troubleshoot issues.

If the bike shows FI light consistently, the ECU (Electronic Control Module) stores the codes giving more details. In order to see the codes on your display (where the clock is shown), you need to switch the bike into a dealer mode. If you lift the seat, on the left side of the bike, closer to the hump there is a seemingly unused female connector which has only two wires inside. Just put a clip in there while the bike shows FI light, and it will start showing one or more codes. Simply look them up in the service manual starting on page 4-29. It also explains more about dealer mode. Let's see what codes you come up with..

I actually installed a micro switch under the hump and connected it to that connector, so I can easily switch to dealer mode if/when I need to read the code.

Do u know if that works the same on a gen2?

Do u know if that works the same on a gen2?

No idea. I've got gen 1. Look up the manual (from the same thread where I posted the link). Whatever it explains about the dealer mode. I would guesss it should be pretty similar.

Back