Need some help with my tires...

There is no advantage to a 200...just gonna cost you more $$$ and they are harder to find.
Posted via Mobile Device

with a 200 you lose a little handling not that you would notice probably. also they cost more. if you go with the mich powr pilots you will have the best of both worlds....good traction and the life is pretty good as well if you arent burning out all the time. in my opinion they cant be beat in all weather applications. this way if you decide to get a little frisky you have enough tire to save your butt here and there:) By the way i dont suggest shinkos a bunch myself....not to say they arent an ok tires i just dont take any chances when it comes to that. a good tire will make or break ya especially in a panic situation.

Yeah Aztec.....from what you describe as your usual type of riding....the Avon Storm will suit you sweet!

Very great compromise between decent grip AND mileage, and they are pretty good if ya get caught in wet weather, too!

The last set I had on my '99 didn't last ME too long....but I AM pretty heavy on the throttle, and tend to brake hard and late....

One thing I did notice with them was that they take a lot longer to warm up, compared to some stickier tires!

If I were doing a big trip in the future, and I wanted a tire that was gonna go ok around some curves and last the distance....the Av. Storm would be close to the top of my list!

I use a dual compound rear (Bridgestone BT023) touring tire and a performance tire (BTO16) front. It's a good combination between performance and touring. Since the front tire controls the bike, I want that end planted.

Works well for me!

I just found the thread on them. They seem to be a 50/50 tire. Probably would be ok for what I do, but a few guys said that some seem to come out of the factory out of round.

There was a guy here in town selling a set of Dunlop Q2's for 300 on Craigslist. What do you think about that deal?

You can buy Q2's brand new for $200 or close to it a set; search previous posts they come up on sale all the time. Much better than Stinko's for SURE.

Much better than Stinko's for SURE.

:laugh::laugh:Stinko's!:laugh::laugh:

Thanks a lot everybody. Great advice. I noticed that the Av Storms that are on sale are W rated up to 168mph. Not that I will ever hit that but, like I said I do get up to around the 150 mark every once in a while. Is that too close for comfort as far as the tire's rating goes? Should 150mph be about the max you would want to push W rated tires, or do you all think that 168 MEANS at 169 they unravel and 168 and below is fine?

Thanks again!:bowdown:

Ok another quick question, just got off the phone with a guy here in town, what do you guys think about the Pirelli Diablo. Not the corsa or rosso he said just pirelli diablos. He's sellin them for 175 a set for front and rear? I know you guys mentioned Pirelli Angels but what about the diablos.

?? I have ran pirelli demon sport and pirelli diable rosso. IMO pirelli's are top of the line and you couldn't really go wrong gettin em. that's a good price too...kinda weird they are soo cheap. I couldn't find a cheaper price than 200 online when I was buying the demon sport... maybe ask how long they have been sitting ...could be an old set he is trying to get rid of, guess how you store a M/C tire is just as important as brand/compound

Ok another quick question, just got off the phone with a guy here in town, what do you guys think about the Pirelli Diablo. Not the corsa or rosso he said just pirelli diablos. He's sellin them for 175 a set for front and rear? I know you guys mentioned Pirelli Angels but what about the diablos.

Good tire...Angel will last much longer...like twice as long.
Posted via Mobile Device

All I can say is welcome to the beast that is the hayabusa. Yeah you have awesome horsepower and torque... A nearly endlessly pulling rocket... but its a double edged sword. You eat it in tires... I have never gotten more than 3500 miles on a set of tires. Im at ~12k now. Now granted, I imagine I could get better... I never burnout, never lock the brakes, etc, but I do accel hard and brake late. Occasionally go fast... And I dont compromise on tires. I went from the stock battleaxes, to the Q2's and havent looked back. Yeah they go quick, but I want the confidense that they will be there for me when I need them. Sure, you could probably give Rossi a set of touring tires on his race machine, and he will lap most people all day, drag knees, etc, but how many of us are that skilled? A quality tire is going to be a bit more forgiving than a touring tire when you mess up slightly, or push it a bit too hard.

just my .02

Who do u guys have mount n balance them and how much does it cost? Ball z told me 100 bux to do it all, or 50 if I just brought in the wheels. Cycle gear said to bring them the wheels n 20 bux each. Problem is, I don't have stands yet, have never taken the wheels off, n really don't have the dough to do it all. That's y I'm leaning towards these diablos for 175. My budget was about 300 maybe 350 installed. I go with a more expensive set like the Angels or AV storms, ill only have enough of the budget left to stare at em! Otherwise she may have to sit this beautiful weather out for a few weeks? Hurts, but might have to be patient.
Posted via Mobile Device

oh and for what its worth, I use motorcycle-superstore for my tires... I have never found a lower price on my Q2's... Great website.

*edit*

and as for the question above... I used to have a mechanic buddy mount and balance my tires for like 20 bucks... But he got sick of doing sport bike tires (used to cruisers and dirt bikes) so he started charging me 40$ which is still a steal... After I moved, I go to a local shop, and they charge 20$/tire if you bring in the wheels, and 40$/tire if on bike. Not bad, considering a stealership once quoted me almost double that...

Went ahead and bought the diablos that cycle gear had on special. I'll get the AV's next time. Right now I just need to get her back out in the road. They had front n rear trackside stands on sale for 40 bux each, they felt kinda cheap but, I need to get these wheels off. What all do I need to pull the wheels off myself? Special tools? Then I can just run them to cycle gear n they'll mount n balance for 20 bux a tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

Went ahead and bought the diablos that cycle gear had on special. I'll get the AV's next time. Right now I just need to get her back out in the road. They had front n rear trackside stands on sale for 40 bux each, they felt kinda cheap but, I need to get these wheels off. What all do I need to pull the wheels off myself? Special tools? Then I can just run them to cycle gear n they'll mount n balance for 20 bux a tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

just big ol' wrenches, I think... nothing special...

what brand were the front and rear stands? Where were they for sale? cycle gear? let me know how you like em? I may pick some up at that price... been really needing a set...

Back