Need tire help

freponyryd

Registered
I just replaced the stock rear 1000 miles ago with a Shinko 005 200 and to date have had no problems, but today while cleaning the chain I noticed the chain kind of wobling while idleing on the rear stand. I then looked at the tire and noticed a woble in the tire maybe 1/4 inch toward the tread side high then low. I then inspected the tire a little further and noticed a little bit of cord showing through the rubber. Is this a common problem? I have never had shinko's before and haven't heard too many bad things and when I ride I cant feel anything even at high speeds, but its got me a little worried. I dont drag race or do burn outs and there is barely any tread missing from its original state. I know I'm going to replace it, but money is tight with the wife in school so any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone wanting to get their cans shortened I will be happy to help to get my baby right again. Oh yeah i got the stupid tire off of ebay so I'm sure there isn't any warranty.

Thanks,

100_1080.jpg

100_1079.jpg

100_1081.jpg

Last edited:
i don't think thats tread usualy it has to be bald for that to start showing... if it is send it call shinko and see if they will replace it...

it look's like to me you may have ran something over and it gouged the tire maybe ???
+1 or there was a bit of trash in the mold... I would not worry about it.. cheap tires have stuff like this going on...

That's not the belts showing.??? Not sure what that is but the belts are a lot deeper into the tire than that.???

I thought the same thing, but I tried to pull it out with needle nose pliers and its in there and by it i mean fibers like cord. I know the camera sucks and doesn't do any justice but there is no hole, I'm thinking its more like trash in the mold or maybe the belting overlapped too much and that just happens to be where it got clost to the top.

Hey got a couple of beter pics where you can see the strings. I spoke to Scott with Shinko and he will have a brand new tire rolling this way tomorrow!! great guy to deal with, if you happen to be in the mood to talk to a tire man. And thanks to you guys I would never have thought to send en email to the company, I just figured they would have said "you bought it". So score one more for the board! +1

Thanks Guys (Gals)

100_1082.jpg

100_1083.jpg

100_1086.jpg

I'm thinking the same thing, but I have never done a burn out. Kind of scared it will turn into a jado rocket through my neighbors house.

Take it back dude... you only have one life... i wouldnt trust that tyre with mine thats for sure... however unlikely it is to be a real issue!!

Jza

Back