Need advice from tire guru's.

For the Avon owners, have any of you ever ridden them on a track day? performance?

I've done laps on the track with them. They are very capable tires, and I had well over 6000 street miles on them before going to the track.

Last edited:
The BT-021 fronts have the well known issue you're talking about...some folks have had their fronts replaced by Bridgestone. Do a quick google search and you'll find out all you need to know. Personally I've never liked 'Stones and have only wore out the ones that came on my bikes new......otherwise I'll never run one.
Never say never... the BT016 and the BT002RS are both tires I have run and they are amazing tires.. They are also about $100 cheaper than the Corsa3 (another great tire)

According to the US rep at bridgestone (who called me).. the engineers were aware of the issue and were fixing the compound issue.. I got a new tire as did a number of others.. It takes a phone call and some talking.. This is not a mileage issue per sey, but a wear issue.. Need to make sure they understand that your front tire wear is not typical (wears out faster than the rear when your normal wear may be 2 rear to one front?)

Good point Big B, I need to keep an open mind :thumbsup: You're right, I need to do myself a favor and try another set down the road :beerchug: I have heard quite abit good about their recent rubber......I guess I'm just getting old and set in my ways :laugh:

I have a good set of tires on my '06 right now, but i will definetly need a new set before I go to the Stampede at the end of July, what is a good tire for high mileage that gets good grip for the twisties? :beerchug::thumbsup::moon:

Good point Big B, I need to keep an open mind :thumbsup: You're right, I need to do myself a favor and try another set down the road :beerchug: I have heard quite abit good about their recent rubber......I guess I'm just getting old and set in my ways :laugh:
I still have not put the new compounded tire on.. :laugh: I some how got tricked into trying a set of Dunlop Qualifiers :bowdown: and then BT016's :bowdown: and then I am about 3/4ths through a set of BT002RS with another set on backup...

I did not like the feel of the 021 by any stretch myself and probably why the new ones are still on the floor untested..

Back