Need some tire experts here

JShayabusa2006

Registered
Well so it's that time again that we hate most... Tire time! Well this would be my first time replacing the front tire on my hayabusa. I had a bad low side with my last bike because of a tire issue. Anyways! I want to start carving the canyons in the good o'l US of A! What's a good kind of tire with glue like traction and some what longevity? I am in Canada Alberta, I would like something that I don't need to scrub off so it isnt slippery,
Thanks oRg members!:cheerleader:

I switched from the garbage bridgestones (which caused me to low side as well) and went with Pirelli rosso corsas. They are amazing like the bike is riding on rails they grip that much! The best part is adding a bigger rear tire 190/55/17 rather then the 190/50/17 stock size, you get much much more tire to the ground in the corners. They most definitely boost confidence for spirited riding thats for sure. I'm not too sure how they perform in bad weather since I never ride in the rain and not too sure how long they will last me since mine are still pretty new. I asked on another forum about these tires and someone told me they can last between 7-8k miles if you take it easy, 3-5k if riding like a douche lol.

I'm not sure but do brand new tires still come with that slippery shiny coating?

You will need to safely scrub in the tires prior to doing any hard rider, otherwise you may end up on your head.

At this point in my life I am stuck on the BT-003 Bridgestone. I love their grip and feel, I don't get to many miles out of them usually 2-3k if I am lucky, but they work great for me.:thumbsup: and at the rate I burn up tires I am not gonna go to more expensive tire as I do not necessarily feel they warranted.

Scott

Dunlop Q2's! At around $200 USD a set they can't be beat. Rears won't last too long, but the fronts will. Just got finished doing trackday go see TwoBrother's thread and look at the pics link. There are a thousand tire threads on this board it seems like there's a new one every week.

Correct me if I`m wrong but a 190/55 compared to a 190/50 is simply a taller tire as in 55% of the 190mm cross section of the tire opposed to 50% of 190mm so to get more tire on the ground would`nt you need to move up to a 200mm tire? unless one has a much different radius.

Back