Need some help and or advice.

lavinrac

Lav's towin service.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok well here is the story.. Get out Sunday cause it is a beautiful day and think to myself wow im gonna go for a ride... So I get to the garage and what do I see.. a crack in the bottom front of the right side fairing. :( Of course I don't go riding cause im like OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! Anyways I have no idea how it happened, best I can think is someone kicked it when I was out Friday. (scuff marks on it make me think that btw I have no proof) There is no way it could be from laying it over I have not hit it not kicked it no nothing, so im just confused.

Anyways back to what I need some help/advice with. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new fairing or is there some super fancy smancy way to fix it. I may be computer savvy but am clueless on fixing things like this.

Any ideas on this would be most helpful.

Lavinrac

2332.jpg

wow what the heck? you can fix it with plastic weld but your gonna have to repaint in order for it to look decent.

Is it possible someone else knocked your bike over and picked it back up? I had that happen at a best buy. A guy didn't see my bike in the parking spot, hauled ass in knocked the bike over and picked it up and drove off. No note or anything.

You can plastic weld then would need some repaint.

Is it possible someone else knocked your bike over and picked it back up? I had that happen at a best buy. A guy didn't see my bike in the parking spot, hauled ass in knocked the bike over and picked it up and drove off. No note or anything.

You can plastic weld then would need some repaint.

You know I thought the whole maybe it was knocked over maybe a whole lot of things.. when it all comes down to it there is no telling what happened.. maybe I did it when I was sleeping and dont member heck who knows. I just know that there is nothing wrong with anything anywhere else.. so knocking it over would scuff other locations(Ive knocked a busa over before. :( ) it looks like something had to have hit that location, I say this because 1. the scuff marks at the spot. and 2. because if it was pushed over laid over set over that particular location wouldnt touch the ground and other area would be dmg'd... Ill most likely never know what happened but that is life.

In regards to the whole plastic weld.. I am assuming that is something that is easy.. I know ill have to pay to get it painted cause I can't paint to save my life.. just don't wanna try and find out that I just screwed up even more.. best done by pro? if a pro does it would it be more cost effective to purchase a new one?

Not trying to be cheap just wanna make sure I make the right choice.. of course new is the best option but if it can be repaired to be just like new yet save me a few bucks.. by gosh ill give it a try.

You drove into a bumper block in the parking lot. I have no advice, you might be able to epoxy it from the back side. My eyes and that pic are terrible, well maybe it's just my eyes, but the new ones are perfect, just expensive. I'd try a repair first and then buy. Best of luck brother.

That sucks, man.

My white 09 had a couple of tiny hairline cracks in that same area, but on the left side of the bike. I have no idea what caused them. You couldn't see them unless you were down on the ground basically looking for them, so I never thought much of it. I noticed them when the bike was almost new and the left panel had never been removed, but they were so insignificant, I just left them alone. Maybe yours had been like that for a long time and it finally broke loose? I'd imagine cracks as small as what I had would be almost impossible to see on your color.

Maybe get an estimate for repairs and compare that to Justin's price on a new part? If they're even in the same ballpark, I'd just get a new one. Good luck with it.

Bite the bullet and buy a new one. You only need the one piece so it shouldnt be too much.
Being a computer dude you probably accept nothing less than perfection. A fixed fairing will wind up costing you almost as muchas new.

Paging Justin from Honda East.....
Is there a Justin in the House?!

That sucks, man.

My white 09 had a couple of tiny hairline cracks in that same area, but on the left side of the bike. I have no idea what caused them. You couldn't see them unless you were down on the ground basically looking for them, so I never thought much of it. I noticed them when the bike was almost new and the left panel had never been removed, but they were so insignificant, I just left them alone. Maybe yours had been like that for a long time and it finally broke loose? I'd imagine cracks as small as what I had would be almost impossible to see on your color.

Maybe get an estimate for repairs and compare that to Justin's price on a new part? If they're even in the same ballpark, I'd just get a new one. Good luck with it.

Bite the bullet and buy a new one. You only need the one piece so it shouldnt be too much.
Being a computer dude you probably accept nothing less than perfection. A fixed fairing will wind up costing you almost as muchas new.

Paging Justin from Honda East.....
Is there a Justin in the House?!

Great advice and that is exactly what I would do!

Ebay Ebay Ebay....................sooner or later you will find a fairing for your year and color. Fastest and cheapest way to get it back to normal

Get with the Honda guy here name Justin, org help me out with his name, I'm pretty sure he could get you one at a good price:whistle:

If I were closer I'd weld it back up for you. If you weld it from only the back side, you will only see a hairline crack when it's done. To get it back to perfect, you need to weld from both sides, prep, and repaint. If you have to pay someone to do that, might as well replace it.

It all depends on how perfect you want the repair to be. If you don't know how to plastic weld and paint scratch it of your 'I can do it myself' list. I can be done and look nice but needs to be done by a pro. For the price Justin from Honda East can ship you a factory new one. Look him up in the sponsor section.

Keep in mind the fairings are two pieces and you only need the one.
I'm thinking like $150ish? Too lazy to look it up.

If I were closer I'd weld it back up for you. If you weld it from only the back side, you will only see a hairline crack when it's done. To get it back to perfect, you need to weld from both sides, prep, and repaint. If you have to pay someone to do that, might as well replace it.

THIS ^

I had one cracked, and had it welded on the backside on my Gen 1. You could not even see it unless I pointed it out.

If that does not work, get a fairing from Justin. Painting it and welding it will probably cost more than a new fairing

What year and color scheme is the bike? Looks like that's the expensive part on the Gen II

What year and color scheme is the bike? Looks like that's the expensive part on the Gen II

It is a 2008 and its the black/grey. Yes it is the front piece that is the greyish color, I believe the larger of the 2 parts or at least more expensive. Tried calling you this morning but they said you was busy ill give it another shot when I get off work in the am.

Here is a link to show you the piece I need but unfortunately the link is for the left side while I need the right side.

2008 08 HAYABUSA LEFT HAND SIDE BLACK FAIRING GSX1300 | eBay

It is a 2008 and its the black/grey. Yes it is the front piece that is the greyish color, I believe the larger of the 2 parts or at least more expensive. Tried calling you this morning but they said you was busy ill give it another shot when I get off work in the am.

Here is a link to show you the piece I need but unfortunately the link is for the left side while I need the right side.

2008 08 HAYABUSA LEFT HAND SIDE BLACK FAIRING GSX1300 | eBay

Gotcha. Exact same bike I have and I actually just replaced that same part on my own bike :banghead:

Give me a call me when you can. I'll be here 9:30-8:00 today

Thanks for taking my call Justin, along with the excellent service. Cant wait till it gets here. Ill let ya know when it shows up and when its on.

Woot got the part in Friday evening.. got it all switched over and put on the bike and riding it.. looks HOT once again.. thanks a million Justin.. ill recommend everyone to you from now on for parts.

The only thing that stinks, is now I have to wash the bike cause I have 1 clean fairing and the rest has dirt on it. :(

Lavinrac

Joseph Marble

Back