Need new chain/sprockets

AZIROC

Registered
as much as i LOVE doing top end runs all the time, i got my 1st loss a few days ago. i raced a 2006 GSXR 1000. we went from 50 till 140 and he had me out the hole and wasnt till 120 i started to slowly pull on him and by 140'ish he was still a good 3 lengths ahead of me.(hence im thinking bout doing either -1/+1 or -1/+2) anywho.. i have 15k miles on my stock sprockets/chain, so i feel like getting a new set. now, here is my delema. i want to start drag racing the bike on weekends, but also use it as a daily driver (for the most part). the engine is mostly stock, but i plan on getting a 1480 with 210-220 rwhp soon. i ordered my nitrous kit that i plan on spraying the stock engine with for the meantime and prob spray on the 1480. just wondering, should i kepe the stock gears, say screw the top end and go for acceleration or what?? ( i remember when i did the -1/+2 on my R6 it accelerated STUPID fast..BUT the R6 isnt known to be doing top end runs). as of right now, i guess base ur judgment on a stock wheelbase and with nitrous and stock engine. when i get my 6" over ill prob go with a even more aggressive rear sprocket. anywho, any help would be appreciated... and i hope all that made since. haha

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150344378 -->

For that extra pull off the line 16/42 works well, but some of the drag racers here will tell you 17/43 works well for them.

16/42 on mine as well-i love it! yeah this thing pulls so hard u hang on for dear life after 6k rpms, but thats what's so fun about it! I have out-run other Busas with slip-ons n full systems with my set-up, and spanked a '99 R-1 and a '00 ZX-12R in top-end runs, so I'd say you really don't lose THAT much top-end.

dunno who u shud look to for sprockets, but I just got a DID Gold 530 Chain, n I love it.

16/42 on mine with a EK ZZZ. Works great at the strip. I don't care for it on the street. I'll be racing this weekend and a 17 goes back on it when I swap the street stuff back to it.

well, right now im torn between 16/41 and 16/42. prob gonna go with the EK ZZZ though. ill prob need a speedohealer 2.. haha

Yeah, either a SpeedoHealer or Yellow Box to correct for the error.

16/42 and you will  go throw tires lke underwear   put it pulls like hell
+1 on top of that? don't forget the chain...it will stretch like a gold chain...
biggrin.gif

Back