best chain and sprocket kit?

BusaBabe30

Registered
whats ur ideas on the best chain and sprocket kits for the busa? having the bike repaired next week and want something other than stock on there. how do you guys feel about the quick acceleration sprockets?

I'm trying to figure this out myself. I don't know which ones to get. I PM'd a couple sponsors but never heard anything back.

Let me know what you're going with when you decide !

i have been calling a bunch of places they usually reccommend the d.i.d. or the rk sets..i was going to go stock but i changed my mind..i want something with a little more stength

Just let Goldenchild do your brain work for you.
Send him a PM and he will tell you whats best...
Relax now and relax later as he will steer you right and get it to you quick...:beerchug:

I have heard good things about , but do not know from personal experience.

I have subscribed to this thread though as I will be in the market for a chain/sprocket soon.

i think i am going to go with ek zzz and stick with stock sprockets...i am just wondering what size link chain to buy..they dont seem to come in 112..so do i get a 120 link and have it cut down is that how they do it?

Yeah im in the market to see what kind of sprocket. Go with a few more teeth for economy? Whats the best brank sprocket?

i think i am going to go with ek zzz and stick with stock sprockets...i am just wondering what size link chain to buy..they dont seem to come in 112..so do i get a 120 link and have it cut down is that how they do it?

You need to look around. One of the sponsors here should be able to help you. The EK 530 ZZZ X-ring chain comes in 112, 120, 130, 150, and 160 Links

I have heard good things about , but do not know from personal experience.

I have subscribed to this thread though as I will be in the market for a chain/sprocket soon.

here's my dirty supersprox with about 16k miles on it.

supers10.jpg

You said in the other post that money was tight. You can save some coin and go with the EK ZVX2 instead of the ZZZ. I am running over 300 hp and I use the ZVX2 without any problems. Also if you go with the ZVX2 you can get different colors if that makes any difference for you.

Goldenchild has recommended the ZVX2 for a very long time, I took his advice two years ago and still happy. Nothing wrong with the ZZZ but if your engine is stock power then it is way overkill and more $$$$$.

If your replacing the front sprocket I would drop a tooth. It will make launching easier and quicker. It will drop the max speed from 186 to 175mph but is that really a big deal?

I'm running EKZZZ chain with Vortex sprockets, 17/45 GenII. I'm sitting 4 over, I also bought Prolux chain aligning tool. I thought I was close on the chain alignment until I checked it with the aligning tool I was off a good amount. The tool runs about 100.00, but is well worth it.

what is the difference between the sub categories with EK 530 X-ring chain?
They have SRX,MVXZ, ZZZ,ZVX and ZVX2.

I have a 2007 which is lowered, powercommander, 1 down 2 up sprockets.
I want to do a swingarm extension 6inches.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:welcome:

Back