best chain and sprocket kit?

You said in the other post that money was tight. You can save some coin and go with the EK ZVX2 instead of the ZZZ. I am running over 300 hp and I use the ZVX2 without any problems. Also if you go with the ZVX2 you can get different colors if that makes any difference for you.

Goldenchild has recommended the ZVX2 for a very long time, I took his advice two years ago and still happy. Nothing wrong with the ZZZ but if your engine is stock power then it is way overkill and more $$$$$.

If your replacing the front sprocket I would drop a tooth. It will make launching easier and quicker. It will drop the max speed from 186 to 175mph but is that really a big deal?

It is if you're ungoverned :whistle:

what is the difference between the sub categories with EK 530 X-ring chain?
They have SRX,MVXZ, ZZZ,ZVX and ZVX2.

I have a 2007 which is lowered, powercommander, 1 down 2 up sprockets.
I want to do a swingarm extension 6inches.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:welcome:

The letters following are models that follow tension rates - a triple Z rated chain is rated at a tensile strength of 11,000 pounds. It all has to do with the side plates that they use, which give you a profile that is able to more effectively distribute the load.

I just replaced mine on my 03, ordered everything from Ball Z Motorsports. I went 3 up on the rear and left the front stock. :thumbsup:

EK ZVX2 120 Link 530 pitch Chrome Chain
SuperSprox 43 th tooth Rear Sprocket

I am about to order my supersprox sprockets front and rear. I am going with 15 up front, and 42 in the rear. This will increase torque correct? Any help is greatly appreciated, and any recommendations are greatly appreciated

And just to confirm, once I order these new sprockets, can I use these with my chain I have on the bike already? I was told that the diameter of different sprockets were different which sounded wrong to me.

Any change in teeth will effect your chain size, how much depends on the combination of sprockets. For example if u use stock front and +4 in the rear that's what, about an inch and a half more chain being used.....

So if I went one tooth up in the 15 tooth for the front, and went with the 42 gold rear sprocket, I should be good using my existing chain? Or if all failed I would have to remove links rather then add links? I just need to replace my sprockets, not my chain.

So if I went one tooth up in the 15 tooth for the front, and went with the 42 gold rear sprocket, I should be good using my existing chain? Or if all failed I would have to remove links rather then add links? I just need to replace my sprockets, not my chain.

What sprockets are on the bike now? 17 should be stock front and 40 is stock rear for Gen I

Based on what you have posted, I would think the stock chain would be OK to use. If it is close to needing replaced, you may as well do it now.

Over 20K on my supersprox rear now,,and still going strong,very little wear,,also running 17/43 with stage I turbo on ZZZ chain,,no problems,IF you install the master link correctly,,(don't ask me how I know this,,)

One more thing, do not get an aluminum sprocket unless you really need it. If you are not looking to save that little bit of weight and are not a racer, then you should get steel. Do a search for evidence on long term use of aluminum sprockets.

I just replaced mine on my 03, ordered everything from Ball Z Motorsports. I went 3 up on the rear and left the front stock. :thumbsup:

EK ZVX2 120 Link 530 pitch Chrome Chain
SuperSprox 43 th tooth Rear Sprocket

You should consider going 1 up in the front if you're not looking to do wheelies. about the same change in torque, but you save your top end.

I would have gone with a SuperSprox for sure, but I needed a 39 tooth rear and they do not offer one that small. It is because of the way it is made and that it would not mate against the hub properly I am sure.

Back