Need more info....

dnjinoz

Registered
Can some one tell me about "boost creep"?
I was pushing 9 lbs. on a stock motor so I backed it off (HAHN kit you have to adjust the rod) I turned it one full turn took it out to see where I was at and it showed 3 lbs. Turned the rod back a 1/2 turn thinking it would be around 6 and it showed 7 .
Now when I rode it tonight I went through 1st-4th but when I hit 4th my warning light came on (set at 8 lbs.) Does boost creep make your pressure rise the more your in it? Should I back it off more and use it like a boost controller
laugh.gif
Start off with 3 lbs. and by the time I'm in 4th or 5th its at 6 lbs. or so?

If you want the least boost possible adjust the rod so that there is just a slight amount of spring load holding the wastegate valve closed.
That should yield about 8lbs at medium rpm but you still will have wastegate creep at peak rpm. Creep is when the wastegate is wide open but the exhaust gas volume is still high enough to spin the turb pass 8lbs. The solution if you want one is to add an external wastegate.

Does anyone know if I can install a BOV to my HAHN kit?
Where or who can I get one from and what all is it going to take to install? (easy install or alot of down time?)

Your right it doesn't because A BOV and wastegate serve totally differant functions. There is a PopOff valve which is just a spring operated valve to protect against overboost but you don't see many in use on bikes.

Back