ping PINKY...........

boosted

Registered
Pinky you seem to have a good general knowledge on turbo applications. Does lets say at 6 lbs does pump make more power than c-16? It sure feels so. Obviously I only run c-16 {damn this stuff is expensive} when I want to turn it up, but was curious. Maybe it's just me comming off 20 lbs of boost and 6-8 lbs feels a little weaker compared to6-8 lbs on pump...Also does c-16 make your bike run a little richer or leaner because of the slow burn characteristics of the fuel? Reason I ask is I have a very small hesitation around 2500 rpms that is not present on pump fuel... Anyone else chime in also if you honestly know the answers to these questions. thanks

Yes pump will make more power in a way, due to burning faster.
I cant remember the lean rich, I thought it was richer at same fuel settings which could cause the hesitation.
I do know that it has to have a separate map

I know they sure run like **** around town on C16.....pump gas will run 10x smoother off boost.  I have never noticed a difference on the dyno between C16 and pump gas at the same boost level, nor a measurable difference in AFR...(race gas is said to run richer)....But there is definetly a difference in how clean they run down low and in the midrange.

Alan I'm glad you said that because I was worrying about my tune a little. I'm back on pump now and it's smooth as silk. {man I miss the big boost flowing through my girl though}

Since C-16 is leaded it's really hard on the plugs,works great in race cars/bikes that live on the strip but not really the fuel of choice for cruising around town.Truth is C-16 is usually overkill for many applications.We build alot of 1000+ HP true street driven cars (Check out www.atlpf.com if your interested) and we have had great luck running Sunoco GT+,It's a lower octane than C-16 but plenty safe to make 1300+ HP and it's also unleaded and much more plug friendly.It's really crazy how much a change in fuel can mean as far as driveability is concerned,It just works better in traffic or redlight to redlight,the machine just runs smoother and doesn't load up nearly as bad at idle.Anyway hope this help,Just my .02
Nick

Back