FROM 250HP TO 427HP

Febbikebabes006.jpg

just peel that huge "TURBO!!!" sticker off, and you're good to go. lol, and john mayer wants his shoes back. looks like a nice neighborhood, super nice bike. we need to see some vids with that disco potato a spinnin.

o snap, just realized there's a gen 1 and gen 2, both black, both stretched, both turbos. damn, i really like where your head's at.

What motor work has been done? You said 22psi with 289ft_lbs...that's with c16? If so what's your specs on 93? I'd love to experience that kind of torque. My lil 234hp 10r isn't putting down half that and it's a blast

What motor work has been done? You said 22psi with 289ft_lbs...that's with c16? If so what's your specs on 93? I'd love to experience that kind of torque. My lil 234hp 10r isn't putting down half that and it's a blast

Duncan I still don't see how that tiny little turbo makes those numbers but that is pretty awesome. Do you think its making all that torque and registers it on the dyno because its in full spool by 5K?? I don't remember my 22lb #'s but I know my GT40R isn't making anywhere near 289ft torque at 22lb....and its blowing the tire off at 14lb so how you can even get that thing to not spin is beyond me. I think my bike made 306lb torque at 40lb.... maybe I should get one of your turbos to try the quick spooler. I know you had the GT35R previously so this turbo has got to be keeping you excited other wise you would have gone larger. I would say he has rods, pistons and the normal stuff.

Duncan I still don't see how that tiny little turbo makes those numbers but that is pretty awesome. Do you think its making all that torque and registers it on the dyno because its in full spool by 5K?? I don't remember my 22lb #'s but I know my GT40R isn't making anywhere near 289ft torque at 22lb....and its blowing the tire off at 14lb so how you can even get that thing to not spin is beyond me. I think my bike made 306lb torque at 40lb.... maybe I should get one of your turbos to try the quick spooler. I know you had the GT35R previously so this turbo has got to be keeping you excited other wise you would have gone larger. I would say he has rods, pistons and the normal stuff.

The turbo is a GT2871R,.....(bigger than the Disco).........with a little "magic dust" sprinkled over it!:poke:

I can say, i have never riden something with that about of bhp, apart from a car...

Thats amazing, all i can say is... $15,000 well spent :)

2 busa's!!!!!

what! lol

Busa - b-king - rs50 - 250 ninja My line up :)

I don't even know what your talking about.....disco...magic dust, you making me think of david bowie

Hey,.....the Disco Potato is a GT2860RS. The "Magic Dust" is only available during the holiday seasons. (Stuff that makes the reindeer fly) :poke:

Hey,.....the Disco Potato is a GT2860RS. The "Magic Dust" is only available during the holiday seasons. (Stuff that makes the reindeer fly) :poke:

okay I still don't know what your really talking about....so a GT28 whatever is called a "disco potato". Thats the only turbo I've ever heard of referred to by a nickname or whatever

okay I still don't know what your really talking about....so a GT28 whatever is called a "disco potato". Thats the only turbo I've ever heard of referred to by a nickname or whatever

Click this link to learn a little history about the "Disco Potato".

Disco Potato

Can't help you with the "magic dust"! :laugh:

The gt2871 dual bb turbo on my bike is the same one Velocity used for 2-3 years on there shootout{pro street} bike from 2001-2004. It is custom made for Velocity via there spects from what I understand...It was designed to spool quick and keep building power through redline. I had this same system on my 01 busa and fell in love with it. Then I changed turbos and went to the 35r and the lag absolutely drove me nuts. I like my power to always be on tap at any speed and any rpm. I would like to try Rcc's t3/4 turbo they use on there street system. It's slightly larger and hits a little softer(as if any turbo hits soft)...That's something alot of people don't understand that smaller turbos hit harder and feel more aggresive. Larger turbos make more power and are smooth in comparison because there power comes on later in the range with more momenum already in motion. One thing for sure if you keep your revs up and stay in the throttle, larger turbos are the way to go. Down low they are a pig.

That turbo will not make 289 ft lbs of torque at 22 psi, Lawson how much torque is it making on Rodneys dyno at 18 psi? Never mind I looked it up on the other site, "Well I just returned from Rodney Willifords where I saw for the first time my new intercooler installed on my 08 fully built Velocity turbo busa. All I can say is WOW! It is a beautiful piece both in design and function.

I watched Rodney map my bike on pump fuel to 16lbs to the tune of 261hp and 198 ft lbs.{you supposed to be able to run 18lbs on pump but I'm tring to be a little conservative} I then drained the tank and put in good old c-16. 20lbs yielded 403hp . Then we ran into some problems... Rodney was having to add an unbelievable amount of fuel to each boost level to compensate for the cold charge that is packed with oxygen and my fuel pump maxed out. We got to 23lbs and 427hp and could get no more fuel to her. So I left my bike with Rodney and he is going to install a bosch 044 I believe. I'm going to stop mapping at 25lbs because my little gt2871 dual bb turbo runs out of efficiency.{I'm guessing 440hp at 245 ft lbs}"

Richard

Back