Low Boost/ Large engine

Big Red

Donating Member
Registered
I was thinking of putting together a larger displacement engine and running it at about 6 lbs of boost for longevity and relability. From what has been said that at 6lbs of boost, the engine can run pump gas. Is this a a good way to go as opposed to the potential of "S- bending" the stock rods at 10 lbs + on race gas?

Either way you go, it is going to be higher maintenance... Big bores have their issues and turbos have theirs as well. You put'em both together and I think you really have some fun ahead of you in trouble-shooting... hahahaa

My anticipation that a big bore with 6-7lbs. of boost is going to equal lots of heat issues. If you are building for top speed you will have to do intercooler or wet injection; intercooler is better, but furthers the heating issues...

Decide how much you want out of the bike and exactly what you want it to be able to do and then go with the simplest way possible to get there and you will be better off...
biggrin.gif

I went turbo and nixed the big bore because of the starting issues, heat issues, and it would eat more gas then a turbo off boost. When I got my stage 2 together, I have been battling heat issues, tune issues, and vapor locking issues... I have since fixed all my issues and she runs great now, but it had taken me a lot of time and patience to get it there...

Cloud

Back