Need info about TX

bigmac0331

Donating Member
Registered
OK guys my wife has a job offer in Flowermound, TX. SO I am looking for info from fellow riders about the area. I am looking for housing info, Jobs, Nice neighborhoods, Bad ones....and of course Great riding areas. Any info you have about the Area would be really helpful. Thanks. Rusty

Sorry, don't know much about Flowermound other than it's about 30 minutes from where I'm at. I'll check with some guys at work and see if I can get any info.

If you like fishing, there are a lot of lakes nearby.

Not far from Texas Motor Speedway. Used to have a brother in law that lived there. Pricey!
beerchug.gif

I grew up there. It used to be a small town of about ten thousand people. It's booming there now and you can find neighborhoods as old as 50 years old that go for $125,000 and new houses that go from that point to upwards of 1.5 million. (Just so we're comparing apples to apples... the same 125k house in Texas would sell for at least 500k in California - if that means anything to you) Even with the sagging housing market, a home there will undoubtedly net a tidy profit should you need to move again.

People in Flower Mound are typically friendly, at restaurants and such, as it's not the typical "burb". Think "old farming community" mixed with the yuppies and dinks of California - that's the sort of decent people the town seems to continue to foster. Classy but down to earth. Plenty of shopping areas, as DFW is the #1 metroplex for shopping in the country, with great access to most of it.

Riding? You're in Texas. Loads of twisties out north and west of Flower Mound and tons of highway and farm road depending on your mood. It's also one of the only states that can boast having every outdoor environment (Desert, Mountains, Plains, Forest, and Coastal). So you can ride for hours and without the scenery getting old.

Another perk is that there is no state tax in Texas. So you keep more of your paycheck.

If you need more info, PM me or post up here. Good luck with the decision making process.

thumb_up.gif

Check out TXsportbikeriders.com the site owner lives in Flower Mound. He is a good friend of mine & Scotty. Great very safe group of riders we have both known for years. The best roads are north/east of I75/ George Bush Tollway.

Heres a reply from a buddy of mine, his name is Luke and hes an officer; Funny he mentioned that you should join the force without even knowing that you were going to join the academy.  I think its your calling Rusty
smile.gif

Flower Mound is a great town. Its probably best viewed as a great place to live with convience to the metroplex. The homes are nice, typical of the $160K - $200K range depending what they want to spend with a few neighborhoods reaching over that if thats his fancy. http://www.flower-mound.com/gallery/gallery.php
You get a sense of feeling that the residents are proud to live there, you see alot of focus on "family" in that community. The crime is from what I can tell on the very low side. The small town feeling with everything you need within reach of a few miles based on the surrounding cities.
Job wise it appears most of the residents commute to work. I don't see Flower Mound offering to many high end paying jobs within in the community....but I could be wrong. Everyone I know who lives there works somewhere else in the metroplex.
Oh and my favorite, they have the sickest police cars. If he is a military man tell him get on with the police department, their looking for a few good men!
police.jpg

I don't have anything to add just wanted to let ya know....Y'all are making me home sick.... I grew up in Euless amd I have also lived in Ft. Worth, White Settlement, Azle, Springtown, Paradise and Lake Worth.

Good luck with your search!

thanks everyone for your input so far.....Its not definate yet...but if I could get hired on to any of the PD down there it would be a done deal. I need a job before we can say yes to her job offer.

I have a house in Flower Mound. Well the wife does. She works for AT&T. Moved up here about 5 years ago. So now we drive back and forth from one house to another on the weekends, about 300 miles door to door. Very nice town, seems very safe, low crime etc. Couldn't be happier there. Not too much good ridding in Flower Mound, though one road I like is main street. Its also called 1171, as it gets out of town it has some good twists and it ends up almost in Forth Worth near Texas Motor speedway.
We live in a nice working class area. Much more expensive house everywhere in Lewisville and Flower Mound. Euless has a lot of high end homes too! All in all its a very nice area close to everything.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back