Quad city peeps. Need some info please

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Just recieved a call from a recruiter about a job over in Muscatine. This position is right up my alley and sounds like a good fit. The schedule just might allow me to stay here in Milwaukee and not have to relocate right away.

What I need to do is find a place to stay in the area for 7 days at a time. Having been unemployed for almosta year now, money is tight so I am looking for cheap, until I can get some money set aside and maybe find an apartment in the area. Anyone in the area know of fleabag hotels or extended stay places that rent by the week or anything like that. Please PM me info if you could. Thank you. I am doing internet searches rightnow, but would rather find a place through someone from the area so I do not end up somewhere I would not rather be. :whistle:

Any help would be great. The schedule is 7 on 7 off and rotate between days and nights.
Again thank you for any help.

sorry man not familiar with that area but do know that if you stay a month+ in a hotel you generally do not pay the taxes, something to consider depending on where you look and rates, etc. Also if you find a place that has parking fees (dunno up there if that happens) you can generally get those things negotiated down uber cheap if you are going to be there that long.

might look for rental houses too, who knows in this economy you might find a deal or two out there :thumbsup: :cheerleader:

I have an office in that area but I only stay out at Jumer's for a few days at a time. My parents live in Milwaukee so I fly into MKE then drive from their place to QC. It's a good 3-hr drive each way. The highways were all torn up this past summer. I guess they were getting ready for winter.

We have some org members in QC and I'm sure they can help you out. Very good people.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Were about 40 min north of Muscatine. I'm not sure of any places right of the bat, but I keep an eye out. We should be able to find something.

Were about 40 min north of Muscatine. I'm not sure of any places right of the bat, but I keep an eye out. We should be able to find something.
Thank you. It will be needed for a week every other week.
Thank you again.

Back