Need some help from California to seek some info.

coke4class

Registered
Hey guys,

I know that on our forum there's people from everywhere around the US, let alone people around the world. I really need some help from you guys that know of the area around the LA; specifically Rancho Cucamonga, California.

Last time I was in LA area was when I was 8 and I do not remember anything at all.

I am now 26... going on 27, got an offer out in Rancho Cucamonga to work for a company. I have been living here in Orlando, FL about 2.5 years... very happy with the home I own and area that I live in.

However the company that I have a shot with is a great company I see great vision ahead for me and I would like to know what the area is like to live.

My major concern is...
What is Rancho Cucamonga like...
Demographically what is it like?
How is the city to live and is it growing or already grown city?
What is the median house cost like...?
Any general opinions, many of us or any person that will move will consider to get the idea of the area before making the move.

Please, when you post... I do not want this to end up members bashing eachother's neighborhoods... or smacktalk... just want some honest opinion to help me consider and make my decision and learn about the area.

Thanks ahead guys for your valuable opinions.
-Jason

I would never take someone else's vision on what an area is like very seriously, because we all have different perspectives.

If you are considering a job or career change, it is worth every penny for you to buy a plane ticket and see it for yourself before making a decision.

Fly out there to visit a few members.
beerchug.gif

As a Realtor and investor, I have been watching our "depreciating market acrost the nation" The east coast and west coast are both being affected but California is getting nailed hard. If you do move you should be able to get a good deal on a home so buy don't rent.

Agree with Fate on the property values, etc. Buy if you can afford it. Get on realtor.com or realty.com to get a general idea of property values.

We just moved out of Southern California. We had some friends from Rancho Cucamonga and spent a good deal of time there. The area is very nice, actually. Pay attention to the area well north of Foothill Blvd (North of the 210 freeway even better) and West of the 15 freeway.

If you can stay there for a good three to five years, you'll likely see the real estate cycle back upward.

Good luck to you and best wishes,

--Wag--

The Inland Empire is HOT in the summer
AAAssjani.gif

But awesome riding weather and roads
super.gif

As a nearly life long resident I can tell you that you might not recognize Rancho Cucamonga. It has become a very upscale area in which to live and I have long thought that they might relocate the county seat from San Bernardino. The cost of housing is still high as is the cost of living. I spent 10 yrs. in Arlington (DFW), TX and coming home was sticker shock. Utilities, gas and poor quality of schools compared to the Metroplex in DFW. Do your research and checkit out, if the company you are interested in will fly you out here for a look see with the wife. If not it is worth the ticket yourself. The riding weather out here is nearly perfect all year round although it does get hot in the summer (NOTHING LIKE TEXAS!!!!). I work in San Diego 5 days out of the week and my home is in San Bernardino....but don't come here! I grew up here and affectionately refer to it as San Bernarghetto. When I get the kids out of the house (LOL) I am moving to San Diego, best weather in the country and some truly awesome roads for riding. Between, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino County's you will never get bored.

So far thatnk you for all your inputs guys...
I will probably be heading out there in couple weeks to see how the area is and seek some answers on my own.

I have been living here in orlando FL and bought a house Oct 05... If I do decide to take the job, I will probably rent my house here and try to seek a new one to move into out in CA... however I guess it will all depend on how the market is out there...

Thank you again for your opinions and insight... please keep them coming if you guys dont mind.
beerchug.gif

Back