Arizona residents.... i need some info...

HOLLYWOOD33

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,
I've been tossing around the idea of relocating to Arizona. I don't have specifics of where, but it seems like a place I might like. What I need from some of you is "Real & Honest" opinions about your locations... Pros & Cons if you will....
This will be a HUGE step for me if I decide to do it. I've been in South Fla. my whole life (35 yrs) and know nothing else. I'm getting sick of the hurricanes, flat terrain, and crazy prices of everything... Any info you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks to all who contribute............
beerchug.gif

Oh boy!! I love talking about AZ!

Let me start by saying that I would not live anywhere else. We have the best sunsets in the world, bar none (and I've been to Fiji, which is a close second). Riding season, you ask? All year...every day. 360 days of sunshine a year. With such an extended "season", there are always bikes on the road and the cagers are more aware of your presence than in other places. Very little rain, we've been in a drought for as long as I can remember. Many, many great twisties everywhere, in every part of the state. A very friendly, active riding community. Cost of living would be much lower than in FL. Our recent housing boom is cooling off, and it is becoming more of a buyers market. I live in the Phoenix area, but went to college in Tucson. In comparison, Tucson is more liberal and artsy than Phoenix is. Arizona is a red state, with a Democratic female Governor...don't ask...

If you like green stuff (trees and lawns), you will miss it here. Things are sharp and poisonous in the sonoran desert (every variety of cactus, rattlesnakes, scorpions, brown recluse and black widow spiders, etc). The summers can be brutally hot if you're not acclimated. Temps in the 120s are not terribly uncommon from right about this time of year until early September. Meth is a big problem here, especially in the more rural areas...I guess people don't have anything better to do.

I could go on for days...let me know if you have any specific questions or regions of the state in mind.
smile.gif

Tuscon is a possibility since wifey's company has a corporate office there... Me, I'm a Firefighter/RN down here, so I don't think it would be tough for me to find work. I would like to keep the 2-income thing going... Thanks for the reply, and if you want to tell me more, please do so! I want all the info I can get!
Thanks......

drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif

After seeing that, I'm needin' a "Fix".... Good thing I'm goin to "The Gap" in 2 weeks.....
super.gif

<!--EDIT|HOLLYWOOD33
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147801527 -->

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

Dagwood, called it pretty much correct... it is amazing here, plus with Vegas and Rocky Point Mexico only about 3.5 hours from Phoenix in opposite directions you have the best of all worlds.....

Oh boy!! I love talking about AZ!

Let me start by saying that I would not live anywhere else. We have the best sunsets in the world, bar none (and I've been to Fiji, which is a close second). Riding season, you ask? All year...every day. 360 days of sunshine a year. With such an extended "season", there are always bikes on the road and the cagers are more aware of your presence than in other places. Very little rain, we've been in a drought for as long as I can remember. Many, many great twisties everywhere, in every part of the state. A very friendly, active riding community. Cost of living would be much lower than in FL. Our recent housing boom is cooling off, and it is becoming more of a buyers market. I live in the Phoenix area, but went to college in Tucson. In comparison, Tucson is more liberal and artsy than Phoenix is. Arizona is a red state, with a Democratic female Governor...don't ask...

If you like green stuff (trees and lawns), you will miss it here. Things are sharp and poisonous in the sonoran desert (every variety of cactus, rattlesnakes, scorpions, brown recluse and black widow spiders, etc). The summers can be brutally hot if you're not acclimated. Temps in the 120s are not terribly uncommon from right about this time of year until early September. Meth is a big problem here, especially in the more rural areas...I guess people don't have anything better to do.

I could go on for days...let me know if you have any specific questions or regions of the state in mind.
smile.gif
he said it best.. az kicks ass.

Oh, I forgot to mention that while the temps are sometimes very high, there is virtually zero humidity. Small animals have been known to spontaneously combust right before your eyes.
laugh.gif

only thing I remember, in AZ, was everyone (bikers) wearing a pistols and ride...I was in the Uhaul truck heading CA...
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147962337 -->

five day forecast..

Sunny
High: 104
Low: 79

Mostly Sunny
High: 101
Low: 77

Mostly Sunny
High: 93