My fellow gun owners..need some help

I'm telling you man, look at the one I linked above. I mounted mine about a foot below the top of the door, and I am unable to force my way into the house with only that lock latched. It works very well, you barely notice it, easy to operate and there are no additional pieces needed for it.

I wonder how strong that is. They advertise that it is for unwanted exits from a child, they say it helps against forced entries but that was not its design. I like how you don't have the extra piece to put in though.

All but one go in big safe. Pistol goes in Gunvault deluxe. Not the biometric one but the one with four push buttons.
Program your pattern and it pops open. You're overthinking it.

All but one go in big safe. Pistol goes in Gunvault deluxe. Not the biometric one but the one with four push buttons. Program your pattern and it pops open. You're overthinking it.

I don't want her to have to try and remember a combination. She may go months without opening it and I don't want her to panic if she ever needs it.

I will look for the video of a guy beating on the door with a sledge hammer and cannot get in. Also, I know from the one i installed it is rock solid and very difficult to get past. Even if it only gives you another 30 seconds, that should be enough time to arm yourself. Do what you will, but you cannot over complicate the solution or it will not be used in a short time.

I was looking the the larger one of this same brand. It has a lot of positive reviews. People chief complaint was that it beeps when it opens and some people don't want that so the criminals don't know your there. I like the universal "get out of my house sound" that racking a chamber into a 12 gage makes so I don't see any issues with some beeping. Does yours beep and is it loud?

I does beep when it pops open but really no louder that the latch letting go along with the spring to open it. Plus, after that it's too late for them anyway. :laugh:

I don't want her to have to try and remember a combination. She may go months without opening it and I don't want her to panic if she ever needs it.

I have my wife open it every week. I'm in it almost daily so I have no problem with remembering it. I think you can go with 2 buttons and up when programming it. If you want to get in it super quick, 2 buttons would be the way to go.

Back