Taser Guns.

If I were out doin something stupid and the cops showed up, Id much rather be Tazed than shot.

Lemme know if ya wanna try out that Tazer ya have, played with a stun gun, but never got a hold of a tazer for a test run :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If I were out doin something stupid and the cops showed up, Id much rather be Tazed than shot.

Lemme know if ya wanna try out that Tazer ya have, played with a stun gun, but never got a hold of a tazer for a test run :thumbsup:

Well, ya your right. But i would much rather be knocked the "F" out with a night stick {billy club} than get shot or tazered.

I am just saying that I think there can be other means of force.

How come ya never hear of police using there night stick anymore?

Well, ya your right. But i would much rather be knocked the "F" out with a night stick {billy club} than get shot or tazered.

I am just saying that I think there can be other means of force.

How come ya never hear of police using there night stick anymore?

Cause tazin people is WAY more fun:laugh:

Interesting article:

The man Minneapolis police used a Taser on and arrested at the downtown Minneapolis YMCA earlier this month died Friday night.

Police said they were trying to remove 28-year-old David Cornelius Smith when he became combative.

"For them to take his life in the prime of his life is wrong," said Diane Smith, David Smith's mother.

She said what happened to her son was mean, cruel and unnecessary.

"What gives man the right to take another person's life for something as simple as a little disorderly conduct at a gym that you were a member of?"

Now lets see what the options are, being beating down with flashlights and night sticks??? Shot with beanbag projectile from a shotgun, then there is always the bullet to the head.

I understand there are plenty of times when excessive force is used such as that recently posted motorcycle chase. Yes he will sue an get plenty of money for his pain, anguish and abuse. Who can forget the officer that shot that biker an paralyzed him for life no amount of money can comfort or help him. When it's the officer that goes down hurt or dead who does he or his surviving family sue?

No one deserves to die while they are being arrested for something because the reality is your are innocent till proven guilty. An Officer doesn't deserve to get themselves hurt,in a fight, or shot trying to do his job enforcing the law. You can bet he is going to do everything he can to make sure that doesn't happen :poke: More times than not the people they are dealing with have the chance for things to end peacefully. You got a problem with the way they did their job stay quite cooperative and when you get out then file a complaint. You are not going to solve nothing by fighting, running and resisting.

So a smart person would choose none of the above, pass on the tazer, nightstick, and the guns

Any situation can escalate in a second, they are trying to stay alive and get home to their families, if the people they were dealing with did the same there would be less death incidents across the board.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/?do=viewdetails&videoid=90

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/?do=viewdetails&videoid=91

Last edited:
Interesting article:

Now lets see what the options are, being beating down with flashlights and night sticks??? Shot with beanbag projectile from a shotgun, then there is always the bullet to the head.

I understand there are plenty of times when excessive force is used such as that recently posted motorcycle chase. Yes he will sue an get plenty of money for his pain, anguish and abuse. Who can forget the officer that shot that biker an paralyzed him for life no amount of money can comfort or help him. When it's the officer that goes down hurt or dead who does he or his surviving family sue?

No one deserves to die while they are being arrested for something because the reality is your are innocent till proven guilty. An Officer doesn't deserve to get themselves hurt,in a fight, or shot trying to do his job enforcing the law. You can bet he is going to do everything he can to make sure that doesn't happen :poke: More times than not the people they are dealing with have the chance for things to end peacefully. You got a problem with the way they did their job stay quite cooperative and when you get out then file a complaint. You are not going to solve nothing by fighting, running and resisting.

So a smart person would choose none of the above, pass on the tazer, nightstick, and the guns

Any situation can escalate in a second, they are trying to stay alive and get home to their families, if the people they were dealing with did the same there would be less death incidents across the board.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/?do=viewdetails&videoid=90

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/?do=viewdetails&videoid=91

Very well said:thumbsup:

NO I don't think they should outlaw them. I have thought about getting one myself. I have a CCP but really do not want to have to shoot anyone unless they come in my home to steel something. If I am out and trouble finds me I would rather taze a person then shoot him. I have a bad back and really try to stay away from trouble but everyone knows you cant always do that.

Tasers receive a lot of bad publicity just like police. For every one person that has a bad reaction to a taser, that same taser has probably saved thousands of police/ public from having to take the confrontation to the next level. The news just likes to publicize negative stories, such as police beating someone or someone dying from authorized use of a taser. I dont think the police should stop using them because like someone else said whats their other option, slap stick, fists, gun? A situation can be difussed much cleaner (no blood, bodily fluids) and quicker with a taser versus physical contact.

From a medic stand point.
TASERS are Less leathal then a gun, they are still leathal weapons. if the Heart gets a shock of electricity now matter how small the charge is, it can stop your heart. there are millions of people with unknow heart conditions, even healthy people you can stop there heart if electricity is applied at the right time.

the cops are told differently.
cops are told its a non leathal weapon. yes on a 100% healthy adult they MIGHT be safe.
they need to reevaluate thier training.
1. use chemical deterrent. mace/pepper spray
2. then use taser/ stun gun
3. shoot

Speed a night stick/baton can cause serious and permanent injury . To thump somebody on the head or hard enough to make them do what you want again can cause permanent injury .
A taser while some folks have died from them is considered to be less lethal than a night stick/baton.
Tasers cause temporary incapacitation while a night stick can crack a skull , ribs or cause internal bleeding and other things .
The chances of something going wrong with a taser are less than with a billy club .
Lastly for an officer to use a baton he/she must be up close and this would allow criminal to possibly injur officer in a struggle .
A taser is a stand off weapon which allows you to subdue people from a distance.
Plus if prongs stay in target you can zap them again as many times as needed until they comply .

I think they have a place and time, (tho very restricted) personally, but tell that to the folks in Vancouver who've had tasers in the their headlines since Nov 2007, and you'll like get an ear full, ....against them

I just posted this is the Dallas thread.

Seems appropriate to this thread also.

Let's see if any LEO's will come on here and man up to being anything they are ashamed of or less than expected of them......ever.

I don't hate cops either. They have tough jobs. Did this guy deserve an a** whooping.....most likely. Should the cops be the ones doing it.....NOPE. PARTICULARLY in the manner depicted in this video.

And the 64 year old man that they tazed. He asked them to leave his house, as he did not call them, was harming noone and he asked them nicely to leave his property, he had committed no crime. Was he belligerent....yep....these cops are trained to deal with belligerence.

They are becoming to Tazer happy. It's to easy to simply put them down than use their training....and it ain't right.

Back