Cop that tasered man committed suicide

When I imagine myself in this LT shoes... And my order caused death of mentally disturbed man who was no harm for others.. I understand why he did what he did.
and I respect him for that. I`d kill myself too.

When I imagine myself in this LT shoes... And my order caused death of mentally disturbed man who was no harm for others.. I understand why he did what he did.

Suicide is never the answer...:unhappy:

no harm to others?....

then when he does hurt someone, they ask why he was not stopped earlier... never ends... We did not get "so and so" when we could have... blah blah blah...

if the guy had gored some one with that glass tube, the argument would have been why did they not stop him...

can not have it both ways I am afraid...

I can only imagine the frame of mind that officer was in to take his own life....
I feel bad for him and his family... guy was only doing what he was trained to do... he obviously felt bad about taking a life... and then a few act as though he did it in a malicious manner....

It's never good to have someone else taking care of your business. Especially if you think they may handle it in a way you don't want.

If you don't want your business out of your control, don't put someone else in control.

This was a crappy situation, with a bad decision made. We do not have all the facts, probably never will, and yet a man was judged as guilty. He may have had a rational reason, in his mind, for making that call at the moment. I am sure it was a high stress situation (yeah he should have had adequate training for it) that called for immediate decisions. In this case not only is he responsible for the EDP's safety, he has bystanders and hhis fellow officers safety to take care of as well. In my honest opinion, if the police are called out to a dangerous situation, and a person forces them to choose between the cops safety and the persons... Sorry, person loses everytime.

That being said, yeah, it could have been handled better, but the media didn't have to destroy him entirely before all the facts came out.

Of course that's what they do.

Once you call the police, you put the liability in there hands. They have no choice but to act. If they get called to a domestic, someone has to leave, or they get sued when something worse happens.

i hate to see it come to this...it's usually a good day when everyone is still alive and well at the end of the day...most other things can be worked out somewhere down the line

as far as calling the cops to handle my personal business, it just isn't going to happen...if things have escalated to that point, the cops aren't going to make it in time anyway...i had a friend almost go to jail this past weekend because a neighbor came into her house drunk and starting problems...my friend tried to get her to just leave and then called the cops to have her removed...the cops were about to handcuff my friend and take her to jail because she tried to push the drunk woman out of her house after being pushed herself...it's a sad world when you can't even defend yourself on your own property!

It sucks that two people died in the end. No matter what you think of the Lt's decision or the cop's action, it isn't right that he was dragged through the media in such a fashion that he felt there was no other way.

And, it is sad to see that someone was killed in a police incident. That usually isn't the intent of the cop, especially when using the tazer. The whole point of the tazer is non-lethal. However, whether or not the person was going to harm someone or himself, he was not following police orders. People need to remember to be respectful and follow commands when it comes to LEOs. Then, we would have less issues with people getting "tazed for no reason" and what not. Let them do their job.

"it isn't right that he was dragged through the media in such a fashion that he felt there was no other way."

What makes you think a 21 yr police veteran killed himself due to being 'dragged through the media?"

"it isn't right that he was dragged through the media in such a fashion that he felt there was no other way."

What makes you think a 21 yr police veteran killed himself due to being 'dragged through the media?"
What? Do you think that has no effect on a person?

man we just talked about this a lil in my class before movin onto other subjects but yea the media does over do everythin and thats all they want is money cuz they dont care they never show anythin good cuz o wow god forbid that they do show somethin good cuz it wont get as much attention

Even thou it wasent the cop that tasered the man that killed himself and the one that gave the order who killed himself, what a selfish coward is all i can say.

It wasn't the cop that tasered it was the LT that made the call to. He was bashed so much in the media and felt guilty for what happened. Call it what you will, he was not given a fair trail. He was found guilty by the media.

The politically correct, far left media?

r8

Yeah I learned my lesson about police.

I am pro police, I have friends that are officers and I would back them up in a hear beat.

However I dont think I will ever again call them out for a family matter.

I did it once and the officers made the situation worse and a family member ended up being placed in custody and forced to go to a hospital to be evaluated.

In the end it wasnt needed and caused a great deal of more problems.

The bottom line is once you get police involved in something it can and often will spin out of control. so when it comes to family issues, better make sure you really want the police involved because once they are involved you basically lose control over the situation and things can happen that you didnt want to happen.

Sometimes this is due to the individual officers, and sometimes it is due to legality issues as far as once an officer is made aware of a situation they cant just look the other way.

Then in comes "Family Services" and BAM! You have bigger problems.

r8

+1 man, couldn't have said it better myself, I think we've just got an infestation of anti-cop critters around here...*shakes head*

oh poor is me, nobody likes me, everyone hates me....ease up eeyore, its ppl that cause a sensless death thats not liked , not police, i wish everything went in a different direction from the get go, maybe there would be 2 more ppl still breathing gods air..

Last edited:
Back