Fellow Gun Owners, Beware...

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Check your vehicle!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Begin forwarded message:

While I was in a Denver gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in
the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores,
shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant,
hotel, or other location that's less well guarded or not under video
surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for
a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a
National shoot this summer, the police chief of that county came out to
brief the 400 participants of our competition.
Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day.

This is the first I've heard of this in Denver. Please pass this info along to your 2nd
amendment list.

This next comment from a Gunsite instructor:

I don't know how widespread this is becoming , but the info regarding the
NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in
sporting clays know. Competitors there were having their vehicles marked
with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then
followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken
in to when parked for lunch etc. Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself.

Twenty-seven (27) high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with
high $$ competition guns are in town. BTW I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals.
He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus Christi the month before.

Please be aware that other could target you because of your affiliation with
the National Guard or a gun club or store.

That's sad.. sorry to hear about that. However, thank you for informing the .org! Keep a lookout everyone.

it is sad that it has come to that...any event where salable item is used will later be a target. It is bad enough that guns get stolen at gun shows

This has happened to me when I lived in Jacksonville Florida, I took a lady out on a nice dinner date to Clarks Fish Camp (Any of you in JAX knows this place) Anyways for some stupid reason I removed my gun from ankle holster and placed it in the glove box. Came out from dinner and reached for my glovebox and the gun was G-O-N-E:banghead: SOB MF'R!!!! Ever since that day I NEVER leave a gun in the car.
Yes I know some of you live in states where its illegal to bring a gun into certain areas.
Ask yourself this question. When was the last time you were searched out in a public place???

Good Tip SKY thankfully we dont have a large amount of gangs in neck of the woods. If you do thats every more of a reason to carry CONCEALED!

Crazy and ballsy and stupid. Let's follow a bunch of guys with guns and try to steal them.
One day they will hopefully :please: run into some accomplished IPSC shooter.

This has happened to me when I lived in Jacksonville Florida, I took a lady out on a nice dinner date to Clarks Fish Camp (Any of you in JAX knows this place) Anyways for some stupid reason I removed my gun from ankle holster and placed it in the glove box. Came out from dinner and reached for my glovebox and the gun was G-O-N-E:banghead: SOB MF'R!!!! Ever since that day I NEVER leave a gun in the car.
Yes I know some of you live in states where its illegal to bring a gun into certain areas.
Ask yourself this question. When was the last time you were searched out in a public place???

Good Tip SKY thankfully we dont have a large amount of gangs in neck of the woods. If you do thats every more of a reason to carry CONCEALED!

Gang Bangers and wannabes are everywhere. Armed and stupid.

Thanks. Mine is rarely in the car though, I conceal carry. It's with me most everywhere I go, and where I can legally take it in with me.

Good info though.

P.

Yea i made a few calls to my cop buddies out here in denver and a few surrounding cities and none of em have heard of this. If my guns in the truck it goes with me when i get out of the truck. If i'm going somewhere i cant bring it inside i will leave it at home. But this is another reason i dont sticker up my truck with gun affiliated decals, i dont want the criminal to know i have a gun until its to late for them:laugh:

Good info . Thanks .. You know when I was in Kuwait . they didnt have much of this.. They cut off the hand . That usually ends the problem. Here I guess the system figures it would stop too much crime and lose too much $$$$$$..
I've often thought about getting a large ammo can , bolt it to the floor in the truck or at home , Then put a spring loaded animal trap in the bottom with spikes.. have it so the lid can only open so far and just enough to get their hand inside.. I'd bet they'd be there when I get back..
or maybe a pet copperhead in the can ..
anyway thanks for the heads up.......

thanks alot, thats the first I have heard of this and im only about 20 minutes outside of San Antonio. Have to make it a point to do a walkaround and also let the shop owners know if they dont already. Pretty scary cause im in some gun shop atleast once a month and never pay no mind.

Has anyone seen any news media info on this? It has many features of some others that are urban legend myths that become chain emails.

While I got this from a pretty good source, I did not personally verify, so it may be urban legend/myth.

Even if it is a myth/legend, its STILL something to think about. If for no other reason to just THINK about what you have in your car/truck when you park it..

Back