TAMPA RELOCATION

But try to look in Pasco County. There is an expressway that takes you into Tampa for a quicker commute.
Brenda, if you are referring to Veteran's X-way it's a nightmare with normal traffic between 7-9 am. I get on VX-way from the Dale Mabry entrance ramp starting in Lutz and with normal flow I have to leave my house (30 miles from office) at 6:30 to "ensure" I am at my office before 8:00, which is in the Westshore district, just after his Memorial location. If I leave 6:00-6:10 I can be down there inside of 40 minutes.
With a bad accident, like the car fire a couple months ago, it took me 2.5 hours. At that point, I may as well pull over to a coffee shop or stay home for another 2 hours.

Good thing is I only have to be in the office at 8 am 1-2 times per week.
tounge.gif
Well, thank god I don't ever have to drive it! Didn't know it was that bad. I've only taken it to the airport at different times.

I was considering a job on Westshore, thnking I'd take the express to cut down the drive. Good thing that didn't work out!
Oh, btw, this is in my car. For example, yesterday, I left my driveway at 6:45 am and arrived at 7:50. That's good for a Monday...Mondays are typically worse than most days for some reason...probably all the airport traffic. It really starts to snail along once you get to the last toll at Hillsborough Ave.

Also, when school is not in session it makes a big difference.
OMG I so remember school being in session screwing up the morning commute... From Waters to Westshore would take 20-30minutes... 5 miles or so...

I couldn't wait for school to break so the commute would improve. Messed up that three years later it's not any better.

I live 2.5 miles west of I75. I work on the causeway (near the TIA) Takes half an hour to get to work.

pirate.gif
  Raider out.
P1544

Ummm.. Riding the Busa at warp speed every day to work is probably NOT what EVERYONE else does, there Raider.  
poke.gif

BUT, you are nice and close to the twisties! I'll give you that.  
cool.gif
A> I don't ride to work at warpspeed. Thats my story officer and I'm sticking to it!
tounge.gif

B> Speaking of which, when are you guys gonna come out for a ride?
ThumbsUp.gif

Its been too long since we hooked up.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1545

pirate.gif

Well at least we know Revlis misses Florida.  
cool.gif

Raider - we need to. Riding with these Harleys has NOT sharpened my cornering abilities.  
laugh.gif

cool.gif

Raider - we need to. Riding with these Harleys has NOT sharpened my cornering abilities.  
laugh.gif
LOL and I was gonna ask him how he REALLY felt <G>

Anytime you want to go for a spin just call.
Tell greg we'll wait for him at the stop signs <GRIN>

pirate.gif
Raider out
P1546

i lived in clearwater/st. pete for a while
also ozona and tarpon springs
the 1st totally nude bar i ever went to was in tampa
the only problem with the area is the oldsters that drive like 20 mph on the roadways (especially adjacent to the bay)
much beta beaches than tx gulf coast (the dirty side)

thanks! I am scheduled for a relocation real estate trip next month and hope to be down there by July or sooner if I can sell my house here. taxes up here are about the same, I am looking forward to being able to ride year round!!!
When you going to be down there? I am bringing the bike down around 13th and have classes the following week in Tampa. Hoping to meet up with some Org members...

cool.gif

laugh.gif
LOL and I was gonna ask him how he REALLY felt <G>

Anytime you want to go for a spin just call.
Tell greg we'll wait for him at the stop signs <GRIN>

pirate.gif
Raider out
P1546
I miss you guys though, and I miss the critters, and smooth asphalt.

Back