Anyone from Arizona

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

My wife and I are considering a move. When I was in the fleet I spent alot of time in Phoenix, but no where else in AZ. We're looking at Pimal County, Pinal County, Maricopa County (of course) and Cochise County.

Anyone spend a bit of time out there or live in the area. We're looking for info on the school systems for our kids. My wife will be applying to the schools. She's a Spanish speaking girl with a dual undergrad in Spec Ed and Regular Ed.

What's good and bad about life in the area? I don't want to live in the city. I would love nothing more than a little slice of the desert, a little slice of the foot hills; and hot dry weather year round to ride.

Any input?

Thanks guys.
cool.gif

Jason

Always looking for another riding buddy........Bring it on. BTW... Don't believe what everyone says, It's not hot in Arizona. You can trust me!!!

About the only two things I dont like about Arizona is the heat and the fact that you cannot split lanes.

There are parts of Arizona you can live in that are higher in Altitude so that can minimize the hear issue. which leaves just one issue, you cant split lanes.

But since I live in California it seems that California is one of the few if not the ONLY state that allows lane splitting so that probably is not even an issue for most.

When I was in Phoenix I was riding in rush hour, in summer and because you cant split lanes you are stuck in traffic with cars.

that down side of that is wearing all black leathers you start to bake, and if you dont have a second fan and some special radiator coolant, you could find your motorcycle over heating. I started to see it get into a heat range I have never seen before and I started to get paranoid.

Contact Mikey D, he lives in the Phoenix area.

YO Mikey!!! Hook a brotha up, give Busa_05 the 411 on your area!!!

im in cochise county bro, its cold and rainy everyday...naw its a small area but lots of pavement and riding all year around. there are not alot of ppl here so not alot of schools, but tucson is a short ride at 65 miles from here in sierra vista, or elevation is about 4500. small town older folks and military. 2 bike shops in town and lots more in tucson. we are about 4 hours from good beaches in mexico, and only like half hour to the border. if you have anymore questions about cochise look me up ill help ya all i can bro. good luck

About the only two things I dont like about Arizona is the heat and the fact that you cannot split lanes.

There are parts of Arizona you can live in that are higher in Altitude so that can minimize the hear issue. which leaves just one issue, you cant split lanes.

But since I live in California it seems that California is one of the few if not the ONLY state that allows lane splitting so that probably is not even an issue for most.

When I was in Phoenix I was riding in rush hour, in summer and because you cant split lanes you are stuck in traffic with cars.

that down side of that is wearing all black leathers you start to bake, and if you dont have a second fan and some special radiator coolant, you could find your motorcycle over heating. I started to see it get into a heat range I have never seen before and I started to get paranoid.

Contact Mikey D, he lives in the Phoenix area.

YO Mikey!!! Hook a brotha up, give Busa_05 the 411 on your area!!!
Thanks Thrasher.
beerchug.gif

im in cochise county bro, its cold and rainy everyday...naw its a small area but lots of pavement and riding all year around. there are not alot of ppl here so not alot of schools, but tucson is a short ride at 65 miles from here in sierra vista, or elevation is about 4500. small town older folks and military. 2 bike shops in town and lots more in tucson.  we are about 4 hours from good beaches in mexico, and only like half hour to the border. if you have anymore questions about cochise look me up ill help ya all i can bro. good luck
Hey bro,

My wife and I have been looking around the Sierra Vista area..Rio Rico's right around there, right? Seemed like a fairly unpopulated area. I bet the riding is outstanding. Are there any papers or "job bulletins" you could recommend that my wife might use to look for openings for teachers? Any ideas?

Thanks bro,

Jason
beerchug.gif

daum we need to hook it up i will see what i can find out, i know there are some schools on base as well, i have only been here a year so im still exploring, ill get with ya with some info

my scuba diving buddy works in the highschool ill get with him on tuesday and see what i can find out, and yes the riding is good sometimes its too hot but moonlit rides rock too

OK here's the deal...

It's hot as fug out here.  No BS.  Most of the time you are making mad dashes from AC to AC.

That's the down side.

Housing is berserk.  They are building more housed here than anywere I have ever seen.  Phenominal growth.  

As you are getting this from a public school teacher the following information will be biased.  

I like the school systems here.  They are quality schools and the majority of the teachers I know are quality people  Yes I said the majority, of course there are some that should be cutting hair rather than teaching math.

Starting salary for a Mesa Public School teacher is 32K.  My wife will hopefully be starting in less than 1 year (Wahoo!!!)  If your wife is bi-lingual she can have her pick of jobs.  Additional salary perks for being ESL endorsed.

The riding is incredible.  You can go from city to mountains in 20 minutes.  You cna get to snow in 2 hours (or less).  

The camping is also incredible.  Same deal as above.

There are more boats per capita here than anywhere else.  Several large local lakes w/fishing and all that.

Off roading is (and I hate this term) off the hook!  Any kind of terain you like.

Lemme know if you need any more info.

If you'd like, email me and we'll use the phone thingie.

OK here's the deal...

It's hot as fug out here.  No BS.  Most of the time you are making mad dashes from AC to AC.

That's the down side.

Housing is berserk.  They are building more housed here than anywere I have ever seen.  Phenominal growth.  

As you are getting this from a public school teacher the following information will be biased.  

I like the school systems here.  They are quality schools and the majority of the teachers I know are quality people  Yes I said the majority, of course there are some that should be cutting hair rather than teaching math.

Starting salary for a Mesa Public School teacher is 32K.  My wife will hopefully be starting in less than 1 year (Wahoo!!!)  If your wife is bi-lingual she can have her pick of jobs.  Additional salary perks for being ESL endorsed.

The riding is incredible.  You can go from city to mountains in 20 minutes.  You cna get to snow in 2 hours (or less).  

The camping is also incredible.  Same deal as above.

There are more boats per capita here than anywhere else.  Several large local lakes w/fishing and all that.

Off roading is (and I hate this term) off the hook!  Any kind of terain you like.

Lemme know if you need any more info.

If you'd like, email me and we'll use the phone thingie.
Hey Mikey,

That's fuggin great info! Thanks, bro. I really appreciate it.

It's excellent, and a crazy coincidence, that you teach, so are obviously up on the hiring and certs. I'll PM you and shoot you my phone number. It'd be great if you could chat with my wife. My career field is realtively set, I'll be applying around Pima, Pinal, Maricopa and Cochise Counties. Where is the Mesa area?...I'm not all too familiar?...

I'm kind of in the same boat...my wife will be graduating next semester (another Wahoo! here as well...).
laugh.gif

I noticed that housing is realtively cheap depending on the geographic area...must be that building boom hey?

I'll PM you, bro. Thanks so much.
beerchug.gif

Jason

Back