Need help with seat / hump

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I've looked in the manual (with bike) and the PDF version I downloaded, and cant find the info I need.

When swapping out the Hump for the rear seat and Vice Versa, what spacers do I use.

The rear 2 bolts stay the same, this I believe is true, but I have 2 different size metal spacers ( 2 short & 2 longer). When using the rear seat do I use the shorter spacers for the front 2 bolts or the longer ones. Also with the Hump do I use the 2 Longer spacers instead of the 2 shorter ones for the rear seat.

Also a little confused, becuase I plan on doing the grab-bar hump mod. If part of the reason for doing this mod is not to take the grab bar on and off, wouldnt I still need to change from shorter to taller spacers for the seat or hump setup?

Also a little confused, becuase I plan on doing the grab-bar hump mod. If part of the reason for doing this mod is not to take the grab bar on and off, wouldnt I still need to change from shorter to taller spacers for the seat or hump setup?
This is EXACTLY the reason for doing the hump mod. It allows you to go from hump to passenger seat without having to remove the grab rail. If you have a dremel, it shouldn't take you any longer than fifteen minutes to do the job. Don't confuse yourself with the spacers because all you have to do is put everything back in its proper place once you replace the grab rail again. You can just leave off the bolts and spacers that hold the grab rail on when you have the hump ON. Just replace the bolts along with the grab rail when you want the passenger seat ON. No rocket science to it dude... Good luck!!

well what the heck is the proper place for the spacers...lol? Do I use short spacers for the seat and longer spacers for the Hump?
blush.gif

You only really need the spacers and bolts to attach the grab rail. If you're riding with the hump on, you don't need to replace the bolts and spacers because the grab rail will be off. Just sounds like you need to do the hump mod asap...
laugh.gif

You use the longer spacers in the front holes with the grab bar. The shorter ones in the front holes with the hump. I would recomend using the bolts and spacers with either application because these bolts go through the rear body work and into the rear frame to hold everything solidly in place. If you do the hump mod you would not have to change the spacers ever again.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121571104 -->

Thanks bacharles, Will be doing the Hump-Mod in the next week. Krieg, you Da' Man!!! Great Forum
smile.gif

Thanks for the quick response. What are those bushings the dealer scratched his butt about?

Did both hump mods this weekend. Its so simple and adds so much utility to the machine I'm at a loss to understand why the factory designers did not implement it.

Back