Need Help with an oil Leak

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
I have replaced the oil drain plug washer twice and I still have an oil leak from some place. Can't find the leak yet but it continues to drip my $10 a quart oil onto the ground. Anyone else have this problem on the 05.

can you track down where on the bike its coming from based on where the oil is on the floor?

maybe take off the fairings and see if there's any residue by the oil cooler pipes?

If the oil leak didn't occur until after you changed the oil, my guess is the oil filter is not threaded on right or isn't tight enough.......
If you haven't recently done an oil change than we can start looking else where.

it drips down and falls off the drain plug. However, It is also higher up on the pan. So i can't tell if it is the plug or from something else. I am going to pull the farings after I eat some dinner.

On a Side note this is also my 100th post. Too bad it is a post about an oil leak. My busa is mad at me i guess. Flat tire on Sat and this ongoing leak. Maybe it is upset because it has to rest in the garage next to a Yamaha R1 and Royal Star. Poor little thing has no Suzuki friends to hang out with. Maybe the oil drips are tears from my Busa
biggrin.gif

Still cannot pin point the leak.. here are some photos.. Oil is sitting on the last bolt on the oil pan in this photo.

<!--EDIT|sccrvettel82
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118139592 -->

IMG_1751.JPG

There is zero oil coming from the filter area. I use the K&N with a nut so it is always secure. There is oil dripping from the last bolt on the left side of the oil pan pictured above. There is also oil dripping off of the drain plug and back side of the oil pan but I cannot see anything else.

I cant remember if that bolt requires a rubber o ring...some oil pan bolts do.... check that. As for oil on the drain bolt...oil is just running to the lowest part of the motor...the plug

hav a good 1...RSD.

The Rubber is correct....
Sump Cover takes a washer at the right hand rear corner. My guess is one of the sump cover bolts is leaking or the cover itself....

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118145874 -->

Found the leak. The oil is coming from the water pump shaft / oil pump shaft O-Ring. From there it is running down the water pump onto the oil pan. Off to the dealer it goes for some warranty work. The O-Ring is not even seated evenly half of it is sticking out.

I haven't had this problem on my 04 & don't think this is a common problem. Sorry to hear about the bad string of luck! I was going to say:
a) 05 under warranty + b) problem you're tired of dealing with = c) making the dealership take care of your headache!
laugh.gif

Back