Oil Leak!

super851

Registered
Hi all, need to pick your brains again. My busa has a oil leak, the leak appears to be coming from the drain plug so a checked to crush washer and the threads to make sure that there are no cracks in the oil pan or the oil plug. What I noticed is that the oil pan it self appears to be sweating oil. I've check the oil cooler lines and send unit. Now here is the catcher, it only leaks and or sweats when I have the oil level just below the full line on the oil window. When the oil level is below the low mark on the window the leaks stop. I checked all of the oil pan bolts, oil cooler line bolts, send unit and oil plug. Please help and or point me in the direction to check other locations to stop this leak.

Thanks for all of your help.

Dude, this is a Hayabusa Board, not a Harley Board... What your describing is classic Motor Company behaivor.
biggrin.gif

Sorry I don't have anything constructive here to add, but at lest this'll bump it and someone else can have a go. Very Strange.

LOL!! Thanks for the input I needed that Laugh. I think I've found the problem. The oil appears to be leaking from the corner edge of the oil pan corner that is near the kick stand. Does anyone know if they use silicon or a gasket on the oil pan. It appears as though nothing was used between the oil pan and engin case?
rock.gif
??? Also if this the case is it easy to replace the oil pan gasket or should I take it in.

near the kick stand!!!!! did you lube your chain ? cause the sproket is in the location & that spot is always looks like there is oil leak "dirt". just make sure it is not oil from your chain bro.

Haven't check the seal for the shifter yet. But I cleaned the oil pan and I did see oil seaping from the spot that I mentioned.

Wouldn't you know it, my extended warrenty ended 2 months ago! I checked all of the areas that you said and the answer is no there are no leaks from those areas. It appears to be leaking out of the seam between the oil pan and motor.

Already re-tightened the bolts. Again my question is, is there a gasket between the oil pan and engine. If there is then I cannot tell. it appears as though the oil pan was put on without a gasket or some type of material to act as a go between. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Thank you, when changing the oil pan gasket is there anything I should look out for other than loosing the bolts and dropping the pan?

Re: Oil Leak!

I just changed the oil in mine and i noticed the exact same thing ,same leak in the same place . Not leaking enough to drip just look like its a sweating type leak . I look it over real close appears to me to be the gasket. I'm going to ride my this summer and change the gasket this winter, unless it gets worst.

How tight is your oil filter ????....is it TOO TIGHT ????....I made this mistake with an Amsoil filter once, and turned out I was scrunching the bujeezus out of the seal....stock filter two FULL revolutions past contact. Amsoil one FULL revolutions past contact......from there, lower oil line from cooler, although it does sounds like you might have a pan seal issue, but why ????......

Back