Need Computer Help

Heat is the number one killer of PC's and especially laptops. Thasher is spot on with this. if you have an air compressor, be sure to place a paperclip within the fan as to not spin out your bearing but good air pressure will help get those dust bunnies out! Just hope that video card will live if you have a cloged up fan or just dust build-up! Remove the battery and anything that is easy to remove, CD Unit and such! Blow via the exit ports and all the cracks you can and hope for the best. Never sit your laptop on carpet, beding, pillows and such as I have seen a many die from this as well. The fact that your fan is WOT means the thermal sincer knows it's hot and trying it's best to cool her down! Hope this all works out for you!

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm going to fool around with it some more tonight and see what I can come up with. :beerchug:

This Laptop is new and must be on warranty.

What you have now is Video Driver failure, may or may not be overheating problem.

Boot it up to safe mode. If screen looks fine in 15-30 minutes means driver problem and not hardware.

+ 1 What Skywalker said on cleaning issue. Your laptop has vents on the bottom, make sure they open all the time..

If its covered then take it in for service.

On the "air compressor" thing. I wouldn't use a shop type compressor as they can retain moisture. Electronics are tougher then people think,but risking frying something isn't worth it. Can ole compressed air. Wash you hands real good after wards.

Just read the screen.

While lots of people are fans of AMD chipsets, I am not. AMD "USED" to have a real bad problem with not handling over heat problems. Where as Intel chipsets have always been more reliable in over heat conditions.

I have heard over the years the new AMD chips have gotten better at dealing with overheat but I still prefer Intel chipsets

Pffft! Virtually all my servers and blades at work are AMD dual-core or quad-core. And my desktops at home are AMD, too. I'll take 'em over Intel any day. Never had any heat problems.

I would guess that the laptop has never had the dust build up blown out. Get a set of electronics screw drivers and take the back cover off. Clear out the duct work and fins with the canned air. Clean off the fans as well. Oh, some of the screws are hiding under some of the stickers on the back...you can feel them through the stickers. Its not that scary really just don't lose the screws and remember placement of the non typical sized ones.

Looks like you got the hook up. I had been getting what my hubby refers to as "the blue screen of death" on my computer. I think it had more to do with some of the crap that I was picking up while surfing the internet.
In fact I am on my back up laptop because my "good" laptop shut down after flashing a blue screen of death. After running the anti-virus/spy ware clean up software it found some kind of trojan, but I can not figure out how to "clean" the computer up. ??? ???

Most computers have thermal switches and will shut the computer off completely if they get too hot. Blue screens of death are usually associated with hardware upgrades and/or drivers that are out of date. Have you added hardware or upgraded software around the time you were having the problem. Try hooking up an external monitor up and see if you get the same screen problem. Can not really tell but is your screen an odd color - maybe pink-iss? this would indicate a screen going bad. Are you using any new thumb drives etc. Heating could cause this problem but I think the likely problem is something else. Cleaning the inside of the computer processor, video accerator, fan etc. won't hurt. If you can check and answer some of the above questions I can probably walk you through some other potential problems...

Back