Need advice !

koda68

Registered
well guys here's the deal, thinkin hard about trading in my 98 Buell S3 thunderbolt, bought it last year, nice bike, silver,with PM wheels, tank bra, and a few other goodies, 8000 mile's, runs great. what do you guys think?  been checkin out the site, awesome!  good people here, I like! looked at all the info i could find and really like the busa, do you guys think i would be happy with one? will the ride be more comfortable? I know i'll be alot faster! is the realiability good? buells had so many recalls! used to ride harley choppers for years, that and the people, got pretty sicking! bought the buell and discovered the sport bike community and really like it! good people, no additude about brand! anyway ride by myself mostly now and the busa,  i think might just make the perfect companion, so i'm ready to trade my tractor for a real sport bike! haha!what should i look for on trade hoping to get 3500-4500 for it but i don't know? whats the best years of busa to look for? really like the all black LE, what do you guy's think any input would great thanks.

hopefully future owner,   Dave.

You won't find many people on this board who are disappointed with the 'Busa.

If you like power, speed, comfort, good fit/finish/handling/style/2-up riding and reliability, it's a no-brainer. There are other bikes that will beat a 'Busa in certain aspects, but very few (none?) that do practically everything as well. I think they are a bargain for the money, new or used.

There were some teething problems with the earliest 'Busas, but those were addressed. If you get one that's been well maintained, you can probably just pick your favorite color.

I like the all black LE too, but I bought mine new in '04 so that limited my options.

Welcome to the addiction.

You'll love the Busa!!
biggrin.gif

99-02 had some minor possible problems
'03s and up are good to go!!

Koda68..........Kelly blue book list your bike with a trade-in value of $3,315, really depends how much the Busa dealer is willing to dicker, of course that's if you purchase a new bike for the dealer hapens to have a previously owned Busa on the floor. I have an 06' dark sliver and black and love the bike
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Org!

I think you'll be happy with the Busa!

Blue/Silver = Fastest Color!
tounge.gif

I traded in a spotless '01 Ducati Monster (which would be somewhat similar to the Buell), and really enjoy the ride much better on the 'Busa. Much more comfortable and powerful. You won't regret the move, and my bet is that you'll never go back!

Ducati_JPG.JPG

I don't think your make'in a mistake....the first time ya throw a leg over the busa you will say the same....I parted with my zrx for a busa and never looked backed....even after $2000 in mods to my zrx the busa just had more to offer....you won't regret it
smile.gif

Hey guys thanks for all the input, cleanin up the buell for market! it will be a little while till i get back to work, as i do road constuction on all the major freeways here in minn, live in Wisconsin up in the siren area, so a busa will be perfect for the long haul to work,and the curves of northern WI roads. oh and the bonus of being able to ride the freashly paved roads while still being closed is really fun to(part of my job don't try this at home) love the look on the mans face when i scream past his cruiser with my safety vest on on my way to the paver in the morning (gotta have it on to get into the closed area) hahahahah! kinda cool when the rules don't apply, don't get that free pass to often ! so i'll be shopping soon, again thanks for the help, soon as i get mine i'll be posting pics, thanks
Dave

The Buell was a great weekend bike, but for everyday duty the Hayabusa is by far superior. Reliability was a factor for me.

As far as motorcycle goes..."busa" is the answer, ask every1 in this board "do you like the busa?" even windy days, all you gotta do is tug in or just hide under the screen...it will go right thru the wind...
and if you feel unfomfy about anywhere? go to mod department in this board, ask something they'll give a ton of opinions and suggestions and related linky and pics...etc. if you own a busa and a member of this board...you won't have any problems in the future...
biggrin.gif

Back