Busa for a big rider?? decisions, decisions.....

welcome to the board. Just cross over from the dark side and get a Busa
biggrin.gif
Yea fck it I'm with frisbee.

Again, I do appreciate the replies!!

I'm finding this very interesting as far big riders go in general. Where do you guys find protective riding apparel?? If there's already a thread on this somewhere, PLEASE point me to it. I know that being both tall and FAT, I can never fit into anything I've found properly other than black leather at the HD shop.

I also have problems finding pants to ride in on my busa. I have found alpine stars and powertrip makes woah-damn sizes. I am 6'7", 300lbs and can wear them. However far as pants I usually wear jeans and over the ankle boots cause I can't find pants long enough. They assume you are short and fat...not tall and fat. hah!

I also have problems finding pants to ride in on my busa. I have found alpine stars and powertrip makes woah-damn sizes. I am 6'7", 300lbs and can wear them. However far as pants I usually wear jeans and over the ankle boots cause I can't find pants long enough. They assume you are short and fat...not tall and fat. hah!
I wear jeans also. Then it's a long sweater pulled down to prevent plumber ass
sad.gif
I have a Buell jacket that fits good but it's little protection. I can fit into the Joe Rocket XXXL jackets but like everything else, they are too short in both overall length and the sleeves. I wish they would make their mesh jacket about 4 inches longer in the back and 3 inches longer in the sleaves, I'd be happy with just that.

Again, I do appreciate the replies!!

I'm finding this very interesting as far big riders go in general.  Where do you guys find protective riding apparel?? If there's already a thread on this somewhere, PLEASE point me to it.  I know that being both tall and FAT, I can never fit into anything I've found properly other than black leather at the HD shop.
If this guy can ride a busa, so can you.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109642365 -->

bigboy.jpg

Man that guy is BIG!!!!! I am going to get a Busa because other then the great looks I need a bike that doesn't bind my knees up too much. I'm 6'3" and 275 despite way too much Brazillian Jiu jitsu to keep me limber I have a nagging shrapnel wound just below my left knee that makes GSXr's, zx's etc a very uncomfortable ride!! The sitting posistion on the Busa's I have sat on feel a lot like my 1200 Daytona as a mattaer of fact they feel almost identical and I could ride all day on that bike with no probs!!

Hola guys! I'm 6' 280 lbs. I love my Busa more than my wife some days. But don't tell her that.
biggrin.gif

Being a big guy and riding the Bus, I've found that I have a couple of issue, but I believe all are going to be resolvable.

1. On rides longer than an hour my back seems to pinch a nerve. (Fixing this by losing weight and going to put genmar riser on.)

2. Pegs, feel too high. Going to take the stockers off and try a pair of aftermarkets. Thinking of Oberons. I would really like something like a Vortex rearset, but I hate to fork out that kinda cash only to find out I'm no better off than I was to begin with.

For riding apparel check out FieldSheer. www.fieldsheer.com

I have their Zero Condition coat and it fits great. The price was pretty good too. Excellent protection, more than enough storage, warm as hell. I've ridden in it down into the teens (possibly below zero) including wind chill. Zip out lining. CE Armor., etc. They go to size 5XL. And not an Etheopian 5XL either.
laugh.gif

I have a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants on order in a 5XL, which might actually be a bit too big, but we'll see. I can always return them and size down. Otherwise I've got me a pair of Harley thermals which seem to work much better than regular thermals and jeans.

Welcome to the board, Altec! You need to make your own thread and show us pics of your bike!

Altec,

Thanks for the fieldsheer link!! As soon as I know what color my Busa will be, I'm going to order a mesh jacket!! I really like the looks of them. I have a good insulated jacket but that Zero Condition model looks nice too.

I squeeze into the Joe Rocket 3XL, their 4XL would probably be just right.

Good luck loosing weight, I hope you're more successful than I am
tounge.gif

Thanks BigBS! Its a 2005 Black/Silver. Completely stock right now. Trying to make up my mind on a some colors and then I'll be doing some customizing.

Its funny, before I actually had the bike I had all kinds of ideas, but now it just seems that nothing I had in mind will actually fit without completely painting it.
sad.gif

Knifemaker, like I said, I couldn't be happier with the Fieldsheer. I like to ride as long as I can and if it ain't snowin', then I'm on it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the cut on the jackets, at least the Zero Condition I have is long enough that I don't have to worry about plumber's crack either, hehe.

I also forgot to mention earlier about this company, GPStar. They have a website, but it doesn't have their product catalog up yet, but you can find them on ebay. They have leather up to 6XL in jackets.

http://www.gpstar.net/

I'm not crazy about all their designs, but I've been thinking about getting this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Altec,

One of my popular small fixed blade knives is called the Fiend!! I think they stole my marketing plan
smile.gif
They should at least send me a free jacket!!!! LOL!!! I need a girl on my website like that.

Thanks again for another good source. I've googled every possible way to find large riding clothes and never found either company. Computers just don't like me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Altec, your ideas will go back and forth for a while. I have thought of doing custom paint, but just can't come up with a design that suits me yet. One of these I will or just leave the paint as one of the few stock items on the bike! Looked at the GPStar jacket also, but too much going on on it for me. I'm a little more subdued!

Back