Decisions, Decisions???

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Alright Sportsfans, need a little help making a rather important decision.  Not life altering or anything, but still important at this particular time.  Lots of talk over the last couple months about trailers related to how big of a trailer to get and how best to equip.  I got an MS-1 MotorSport Trailer back in 2003 after my first deployment to the desert.  It worked very well in terms of transporting the bikes, but I always had that nagging security feeling at the back of my neck.  Found a parking spot against the fence and next to a trash can to help out, but never slept well when moving.  Five years later it feels like security in our Nation has gotten worse, so I'm much less comfortable which is why I sold the MS-1 a couple weeks ago (thanks again, Semi, and look forward to seeing you when you come to pick it up).

All that to say I am buying an enclosed trailer from Trailer Giant equipped as follows:

V-Nose, 7' width (Midnight Black)
Tandem Axle (3500 lb. Leaf Spring Axles)
36" Side Door
15" Spoke Wheels (Chrome)
Electric Brakes w/ Breakaway Kit and Battery Back-up
2000 lb. Tongue
Aluminum Fenders
24" Stoneguard
License Plate Holder
Undercarriage Rust-Proofed
3/4" Plywood Floors
1/4" Luan Walls
Dome Light w/ Light Switch
78" Interior Height
Roof Vent
Ramp Door w/ Ramp Extension
Spare Tire/Wheel (Chrome)
LED Lights

All for around $4k, but the question is do I get the 14' or the 16'.  A difference of $100, so obviously I'm leaning towards the 16' but wanted your opinions.  Already have some mod plans for it that Hal is going to help me with.  Here's is pretty much what it will look like.

16527.jpg

personally, i would go with the 16' version...you can never have too much room and i think it would be well worth the $100...btw, i am looking forward to seeing you soon when i come to pick up my new trailer thanks to you
beerchug.gif

Might as well go long. $100 spent well. 14 square feet can store alot of gear.

Very nice looking trailer.

you know for as tall as you are you'll need the extra room just to lay down!!!!
laugh.gif
Go big or Go HOME!!!!

Get the 16.  Can you pull that fully loaded with a half ton truck, or do you have to have at least a three quarter ton truck.

I'm looking at a very similar option, I'm gonna get the one with the mirror plate on the side
cool.gif
and the 16' one.

Here's the considerations I have about buying one.

Storing it. The 14' overall length is right at 20' from tail to hitch. This will fit in almost all of the garages in homes these days. The 16, well its 22'ish, so you'd either park outside or custom garage or something.

For the 100, yeah it seems like a no brainer for the extra 2' but would it be better to sink the 100 into two spare tires or some other accessory item if you dont really need the space. I'm probably going to put a small generator/compressor in the front of mine with a little gear locker in the V eventually so the 2' will be used for sure. The other thing, how much time do you envision in the trailer? I'm really starting to think track days are going to be in the near future so working on the bike(s), sitting out of the sun, etc ... just thinking out loud but never know.

If all you are going to do is move from point A to B, the 14' will do for sure and its far easier to find places to stick it
cool.gif

cool.gif

when it comes to trailers just remember something. I have a 38FT Gooseneck and I am trying to find more room so the bigger the better.

I'm guessing you'll never find yourself saying "this trailer is just to damn big". However I can see the day when you utter the words "too small". Go big or go home, isn't that why you have 2 Busa's
bowdown.gif

I'm looking at a very similar option, I'm gonna get the one with the mirror plate on the side
cool.gif
 and the 16' one.

Here's the considerations I have about buying one.  

Storing it.  The 14' overall length is right at 20' from tail to hitch.  This will fit in almost all of the garages in homes these days.  The 16, well its 22'ish, so you'd either park outside or custom garage or something.

For the 100, yeah it seems like a no brainer for the extra 2' but would it be better to sink the 100 into two spare tires or some other accessory item if you dont really need the space.  I'm probably going to put a small generator/compressor in the front of mine with a little gear locker in the V eventually so the 2' will be used for sure.  The other thing, how much time do you envision in the trailer?  I'm really starting to think track days are going to be in the near future so working on the bike(s), sitting out of the sun, etc ... just thinking out loud but never know.

If all you are going to do is move from point A to B, the 14' will do for sure and its far easier to find places to stick it
cool.gif
Very good points, but I will add another. In the end this will be just an enclosed trailer with the ability to transport motorcycles. If I move I may need to use it for carrying household stuff along with the motorcycles. Also, unless something happens to this trailer I don't want to ever buy another one. If I have more than 2 motorcycles I don't want to have to get another trailer to move them (not that that is likely, but you never know
laugh.gif
).

cool.gif

Back