Need trailer advice

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking at a new 7x14 dual axle trailer. I can get it with the drop axles (3500lb ones), vnose, front aluminum rock guard trim, spare tire, painted black, side vents, rear ramp door and a few other little things for right at $4000

Two questions, is that a good deal on that setup
rock.gif

Second, if I were to haul a busa, valkerie and a sportster 1200, do you guys with trailers think that would work
rock.gif

I'm thinking a few different configs

Config 1 config 2
| (busa) | (sportster)

| | | |

Config 3 config 4

| | (busa) | | (sportster)

| (sportster) | (busa)

Thoughts. Thanks in advance, I gotta decide on this trailer pretty soon.... will take 2-3wks for delivery and I'll be travelling full time in about that time frame

rock.gif

3 bikes will fit nice. I just picked up my 6X12 v-nose and have a lot of spare room in there, even with the Busa and 1K loaded up.

whats the best config for it
rock.gif
Either 1 or 2
That way if you carry only one bike, it will be forward and centered.

Mine is set up with the left bike forward, a spare chock mount in the center and the right one offset a little to the rear, to keep the bars away from each other

l l (for one bike in center)

l

<!--EDIT|clrwtrbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142279665 -->

cool, so how is that price
rock.gif
I've looked but not a ton... seems to be a good deal but just cant tell

cool, thx
cool.gif

I am looking at right around 4000 with the jacks, side vents insted of the roof (clearance for the garage), no chocks though... figure I will call and get the condors or baxleys for them and just bolt down a few drings for the tie downs.

Sounds like I should just call and order the thing, pricing on some of these things from wells cargo and others are fuggin $$$$ like 5-6k
wow.gif

Dude, I got a 6x12 vnose. I loaded it with my track bike, track gear and my buddies track bike and his gear no problem. As for configs what you want to do it park your truck and trailer on flat ground then load the trailer one bike at a time so you can distribute the load evenly, if not your goin to have problems running. basicly you want the trailer to be flat, i.e. the nose not lifted up or the nose pointing down. also make sure your tires are inflated when you do this. Its best to have someone outside watch the trailer when you load so they can see the trailer moving. just my .02

I have a 6x12 "landscape" 3 can be done with proper chocks and lots of straps, it gets real tight. AFter Daytona last week and actually seeing the diff between my Baxley and GixxerHP's Condor he is going to return his Condor and get the Baxley, far superior stability with 4 straps.

I stagger the left bike forward about 6 or 8 inches so the bars are not side by side. Don't ever try to load/unload the bikes without being attached to the truck or putting something under the rear of the trailer (even milk crates will work), you'll get seriously hurt and destroy whatever you are loading... The third will fit across the back at an angle. On a 14' it might fit between the other two but will be tight...

As above have somebody "spot" for load shifts when doing this stuff.

Back