decisions decisions

mikeu

Registered
Yea I'm new here and possibly days away from my FIRST Hayabusa. I'm looking through old posts and polls for issues smaller riders (5'6") have with there bike. Mainly riding position and what was done to overcome. Sitting on a Hayabusa at a dealer probably is not the same as riding one. I ride 120 miles daily now. Any input would really help
Thanks

At 5'6" you should have no problem. I have female friends with shorter legs and they ride just fine.

If it's a must, I'd try trimming the seat before lowering the suspension. Lowering your ride has a number of negative effects on suspension performance. Once it's lowered you will be extremely handicapped if you want to learn the art of canyon carving.

What about reach to the handlebars. Are there any complaint about long rides and riding position?

Yeah i wanna drop thousands on a bike then another 2k on a air ride system just to sit on it......:poke:

Hey, you asked for recommendations. Maybe this will fit you better :poke: ???

250px-1997SuzukiGS500E-001.jpg

Do some bar risers, tobin seat, and lowering links, then you will be set. :beerchug: And welcome to the oRg!

My wife is 5'2" and she prefers my lowered Busa to her GSXR600.

That's a powerful statement right there.

Lowering triple tree $300
Lowering Links $50

Done.

I'm 5'6 and just about every hayabusa I have sat on is lower then my 750. Parking lots may be your only problem. I personally have given up trying just push the bike out of goofy parking spots and such. Depending on where you are riding lowering the bike may not be a good first move. Starting with the seat would be my suggestion.

Thanks for all the great advice!! I feel alot more confident in my decision to get my first Hayabusa.

:bounce:

Back