New Hayabusa Owner

the easiest sure fire way to remain damage free and own a busa would be to park it in my garage beside my 01' and let them be friends... I will of course take yours out occasionally just to keep the battery charged and keep the tires from flatspotting.. and all you gotta do is keep the insurance/payments? up.. Heck I'll even buy you a hayabusa.org tshirt so everybody knows that you own a busa!

easy peasy lemon squeezy right?

the easiest sure fire way to remain damage free and own a busa would be to park it in my garage beside my 01' and let them be friends...  I will of course take yours out occasionally just to keep the battery charged and keep the tires from flatspotting.. and all you gotta do is keep the insurance/payments? up.. Heck I'll even buy you a hayabusa.org tshirt so everybody knows that you own a busa!

And after that you can take the Camaro out and do donuts on a gravel road and borrow my wife for the evening.

Deal?

But only if I get the T-shirt first.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083350305 -->

Well Hell, See this board is plenty friendly!!! I got dib's on the Camaro, I don't need another woman right now gots my hands full but I appreciate it!!! Now, What size shirt you wearing?
laugh.gif

try to remember...as you start playing around at 6000 rpms in second gear and hittin her hard to get the wheel up...you will be approaching and exceeding 100 mph in a heartbeat or two....don't let the smooth, seamless power delivery make you lose sight of the fact that you will be covering a WHOLE LOT of ground very quickly....this aspect of riding the busa was what took me the longest to adjust to.....entry speeds will be much higher than you are used to, because she picks up revs and speed so smoothly...you need to always be aware of your "total" speed at all times...that buell will make so much noise and racket at 80 mph you always know you're traveling fast....the busa will lull you to sleep at 80 mph, 'cause she's just loafin' along....be aware of what's ahead, 'cause you are gonna get there faster than you are used to.

Welcome....be safe, have fun!!!

TBone

I think everyone here summarized it pretty well.  I just got mine about a month ago, and everything everyone said has truth to it.  This board has the best advice. I think Revlis said it best about basically below the 5000-6000 rpm line, its a tame beast that with your experience you should definitely be able to contain, above that is all the action.  You'll probably want to take your time moving up there though (I did), what it comes to is your right wrist controls what goes on.  Its real easy to go really fast on in a very short amount of time; first couple of times I took mine out and let go of my conservative attitude, I'd glance at the speedo I'd be a little surprised at how fast I'm at.  Scrub your tires and make sure they're nice and warm before you start taking corners aggressively.  Break yourself in slowly to the Busa, and you'll be alright.  Congrats on the bike BTW.

couple o thoughts Pacer. Breakin the rear meat loose usually (unless things go very, very wrong) results in a low side. What the board breathren said is very ture. Tire temp is definately a concern. Cold tires = wheel spin.

Wheelies are whenever you want them. The beautiful thing about the Busa is that when you wack it, she'll loft the front wheel only an inch or two, and hold it there through third gear, and sometimes part of fourth. Remember, the top of 4th gear is 140 mph! And you still have 2 to go.

Be careful on the freeway. Things do happen quickly. This past weekend, while dicing with an F4
blush.gif
I noticed myself in the 160 range coming up on traffic real quick! It is too easy to reach insane speeds on the busa.

Good luck!

I'll pick up my new "Deathberry Shortcake" red Hayabusa on Monday or Tuesday.

A little history of my bike ownership:
1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
1983 Honda CX650 Turbo
2004 Buell Blast
If you've survived the 650T you'll have no problems with the Busa. Compared to the 650T the power delivery of the Busa is smooth, predictable and controllable...my Busa hasn't pulled any accidental wheelies at 80 mph yet.
smile.gif

Only thing that took me a little getting used to was all that incredible low end torque. Just hitting a rough section of road where your hand moves back the throttle a fraction of an inch is enough to make the bike want to jump out from under you.

Basically the Busa has much better low and mid power compared to the 650T, comparable high speed roll-on and a 36 mph higher top speed.

The Busa just performs to perfection from idle to warp 9...mid 9's in the ¼ mile prove that! Comfort, handling and breaking are also incredible...you're gonna love your new bike! It's a ton of power in a controllable package.

Do you still have your CXT?

the easiest sure fire way to remain damage free and own a busa would be to park it in my garage beside my 01' and let them be friends...  I will of course take yours out occasionally just to keep the battery charged and keep the tires from flatspotting.. and all you gotta do is keep the insurance/payments? up.. Heck I'll even buy you a hayabusa.org tshirt so everybody knows that you own a busa!

And after that you can take the Camaro out and do donuts on a gravel road and borrow my wife for the evening.

Deal?

But only if I get the T-shirt first.
i'll hafta check with my wife about that wife bowworing thing... last time i mentioned ... uhh... a..uhmm.,,, "extra" she wasn't so happy.

i can handle the Z though... what size shirt yawant?? ahhh heck... lemme get your wife one too!
AAAssjani.gif

beerchug.gif

cheers!, .. just use your head a little (i mean to think..not to slow down with) and you too can enjoy the hayabusa with no ill effects!

(the statements included herein are not entirely true because after all . . .poop happens. be safe!)

No, sadly in 1992 My CX650T and I parted ways. I had a child and could no longer justify keeping it to my ex-wife....

... should have dumped her and kept the turbo.

Honestly, owning another CX650T is a goal of mine in life that I must achieve. I talked to the guys on the TMOIA board before I went and forked over the bucks on the Hayabusa to see if I could find a cherry one ready to have lots of miles put on it, but it seems that they just get rarer and rarer.

Dear lord I loved that bike.

Congrats on your 2! I've never ridden a CX500T, but always thought they were cool.

Have you ever gotten the "mid-corner and here's a ton of boost to break your tire loose" trick from your CX?

That one is... well... exciting...

Do you still put miles on yours?

No, sadly in 1992 My CX650T and I parted ways. I had a child and could no longer justify keeping it to my ex-wife....

... should have dumped her and kept the turbo.

Honestly, owning another CX650T is a goal of mine in life that I must achieve. I talked to the guys on the TMOIA board before I went and forked over the bucks on the Hayabusa to see if I could find a cherry one ready to have lots of miles put on it, but it seems that they just get rarer and rarer.

Dear lord I loved that bike.

Congrats on your 2! I've never ridden a CX500T, but always thought they were cool.

Have you ever gotten the "mid-corner and here's a ton of boost to break your tire loose" trick from your CX?

That one is... well... exciting...

Do you still put miles on yours?
Ah yes..you should have kept it
smile.gif

The 500T is my dream bike, wanted one after reading the Dec. '81 issue of Popular Mechanics. I was only 11 years old at the time.
After highschool I settled on a nice '79 CX500 Custom. I just sold that on Ebay last week and I feel like I sold the old family pet:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....4689673
(excuse the garage walls...previous owners let their kids use it as a sports arena)

In 2002 I finally bought my mint 10 out of 10 collector owned 500T with only 7K miles on it. Best part was I found it in the local classifieds. First summer I put 4K miles on it. Last year an additional 3K miles.

I soon joined the TMIOA and began the search for a nice low mileage 650T. Found one last year in May about 2 states away. It had 11K miles on it and is about a 9 out of 10 condition. I've already racked up 4K miles on it.
It was raining when I picked it up so the test ride was slow. When I got it home I decided to see what she could do down my street
wow.gif
I pulled in my driveway and got off the bike...I kid you not, I was shaking!
smile.gif

Overall I like the looks of the 500T better, the 4 layer pearl paint with gold underlying pigment is stunning. The gold anodized wheels also look sweet. Handle bars are also much lower.

Performance wise it's the the 650T hands down. That bike is in a league of it's own. Closest call I've had was merging onto I65. I was hitting about 80 mph at peak rpm and I let her rip. The front end shot up off the ground and since I was merging the bike wanted to follow a straight line and went across two lanes
tounge.gif
That reverse lag may only last a split second but when you don't want your front wheel in the air it seems like an eternity!

I'd seriously like to be riding these bikes 30 years from now but at the mileage I was putting on them that wasn't going to happen, parts availability is also a big issue already.
I picked up my Busa a few weeks ago. Perfect bike to rack up the miles on and the roll-on performance is still there. Amazing it took an engine with twice the cylinders, twice the displacement and 2 decades to finally catch up
tounge.gif
Heck...there's a rumor now that the 650T's ECU has several other non EPA factory maps programmed into it and they can be selected by simply moving a wire!

If you're ever down in Indiana drop me an email. I'll let you take one out for spin to remind of what you've been missing
wink.gif

honda.jpg

smile.gif

tounge.gif

Congrats like the name "deathberry shortcake", but the word death kinda worrys me if ya know what I mean.
The bike more than worries me.

Quick question... if you're going,say 40mph in first and then grab a big old buttload of throttle, with the bike pick up the front tire?

No bouncing it or using the clutch, just a full grab of right hand.

How much of a tendency does it have to pick up the front tire? How about high-siding due to breaking the rear tire loose in a turn?

TO ALL:

Thank you for your encouragement and replies. If I might ask you to keep them coming.

I'll work on pictures...
snap anytime in first your at 12:00

snap stock in 2nd at 7k your at ~12:00

had one unintentional wheelie and got a few cheers from a guy and gal in a mustang. Little did they know my heart was sitting behind my tonsils.

Welcome to the board guys. There's alot of good advice that everyone has already talked about. Just drive safely.:D

Just take your time and learn the power curve, and as for the color, I think Lipstick Pink is the proper name
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|busa1300nut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083385955 -->

Attention : Before you buy the RED take it out in the sun . My eyes see
PINK . now you wanna oink Busa thats OK but they WILL NOT take it back cause you look like your riding a 200MPH Lipstick:)

Back