New Owner Questions

You should look into the Ventura luggage system. TONS of room and won't scratch the paint.

Would it be more advantageous to buy a dedicated bluetooth unit and add it to the helmet? I would rather spend good money on a helmet, and not get a cheap one with bluetooth electronics already built it, because you're probably paying for the electronics. BTW.... I haven't personally seen a quality helmet that had bluetooth built-in. I'm sure there are exceptions, but when I went helmet hunting, I couldn't find any. My price was below the $600 mark, so that may have been my challenge.

This is what I'm planning to get for me and the wifey... Sena SMH10R Bluetooth Headset - Dual Pack - RevZilla

They sell them in single packs as well, for $175 I believe.

After quite a bit of research, I'm definitely going to go this route. I've read almost no negative reviews of this bluetooth headset. Seems like a winner to me.

Looking at buying the adaptiv cell phone mount. Does it come with everything I need? In the description it said cradles were sold separately. I have a galaxy s5 with a life proof case and want to make sure the mount will hold it. What do I need?

First, Welcome Aboard ! !
Nice looking bike ! !
When first I got my Busa I was really amazed at how comfortable it was for long trips. Normally you would not think of a 'sport' bike as being any good at long rides but the Busa is indeed very comfortable.
Saddle bags, I went with RAK bags because they are not too big but just big enough. I keep a fold-up Case Harper seat bag tucked in my trunk just in case I need to carry anything extra.
Rain gear, I have a pair of Army surplus rain pants that fold up nice and neat with the rain fly that came with my Scorpion jacket. Use whatever works best for you but if you ride in the rain your gonna get wet! !
General maintenance, first and foremost change the oil, change the oil and guess what?? CHANGE THE OIL ! !
TRE, get the GIpro Gear Indicator listed on Pashnit.com. I had become spoiled by my other bikes that had gear position indicators and found myself looking for 7th gear on my Busa. Plus the GIpro Gear Indicator will cut off the speed limiter and the unit installs in minutes.
What I've done to my bike fits me and my riding. I'm 6ft and I could not see the gauges with the stock windshield so I went with the Sport Touring windshield. Same thing with the rear-view mirrors, I got a pair of GSX mirrors that look great but most important they work way better then the stock mirrors.
Lastly, the single most important thing to do with your bike would be to RIDE IT, any chance you get ! ! !
Have fun ! !

Back