New owner question

domestictuner

Donating Member
Registered
Question about a 2003 suzuki hayabusa

Now that i think about it this will probably sound like a extreme noob question, but why does the busa have a choke cable? I grasp the understanding of a choke cable on a carburated bike but fail to see the reason for it on a fuel injected bike. the second part of my question has to do with why a busa has a choke and why a new r6 doesnt? they are both fuel injected and i assume must have fuel pumps as most bikes do, the reason i bring this up is someone suggested that the fuel pump controls the pressure of fuel going to the injectors on the r6 and i pointed out this would have to be true for the busa as well or else it would have a set rpm. The only thing i can think of is maybe the fuel pump is vacuum controlled?

for the hardcores that think i should know this, i got the bike on saturday and being at college cannot tinker yet, i did a few searches and came up with nothing

the reason i ask is partly because the dealer i got it from was kinda spooky and would hate to tear the tank off and find a bunch of carbs in there.

Welcome to the board.

It's more of a fast idle setting for warm up then it is a choke.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099460440 -->

Bingo!! It's a fast idle, not a choke. Your bike is fuel injected. Welcome to the board & post some pics!!
cool.gif

Awesome, thanks for the quick reponse, would it be safe to say it more or less holds the throttle at a higher rpm rather than doing it with the twist throttle?

Welcome to the board
beerchug.gif
and congrats on your new purchase
thumbs-up.gif

Just on thing....we need some pics...we love pics around
smile.gif

Back