More new owner questions

Towervu

Registered
Quick questions:  #1What's the trick to get the stickers off?  The top layer of plastic comes off, but not the underlying sticker.  Not sure if I want to use alcohol or anything that could hurt the tank or plastics.
#2 I bought a Diamond Powersports aluminum chain guard, but it looks like chain lube could splash up thru the "Hayabusha" engraving on the top.  Anyone have one?  #3 Also bought a Suzuki Hayabusha half tank fabric cover, but don't think I want to put it on because it may look tacky.  Any thoughts?  #4 I'm 6'4", and after 200 or so miles my neck and upper back is killing me.  I think I'll get used to it, but can you raise the handlebars to a more upright position if necessary?  #5 It still idles a little rough, not smooth.  I guess this is normal?  It certainly doesn't purr.  #6 Dealer recommeded a K&N filter.  Good idea?  #7  Also recommended metal extensions or something to the air intake to breath better?  Good idea?  Thanks!  (More biker girls for your viewing pleasure)

Here they are.

Blonde_390.jpg

I see now...idle i think is fine. neck and back will get better,new air filter prob not a bad idea,hair dryer on stickers warmum up.up lift the bars if you need to,,,worked for me.

DCFN0016__Small_.JPG

(Towervu @ May 02 2007,11:35) Quick questions: #1What's the trick to get the stickers off? The top layer of plastic comes off, but not the underlying sticker. <span style='color:red'>Goo-Gone works great.</span>

Not sure if I want to use alcohol or anything that could hurt the tank or plastics.
#2 I bought a Diamond Powersports aluminum chain guard, but it looks like chain lube could splash up thru the "Hayabusha" engraving on the top. Anyone have one? <span style='color:red'>Be careful with the amount you put on and you should be okay.</span>

#3 Also bought a Suzuki Hayabusha half tank fabric cover, but don't think I want to put it on because it may look tacky. Any thoughts? <span style='color:red'>The tank bras look pretty good, but make sure to take it off occasionally to polish the paint underneath.</span>

#4 I'm 6'4", and after 200 or so miles my neck and upper back is killing me. I think I'll get used to it, but can you raise the handlebars to a more upright position if necessary? <span style='color:red'>Try adjusting your riding position first. You can add reaper risers to add height if you need to, but after a while you will get used to it.</span>

#5 It still idles a little rough, not smooth. I guess this is normal? It certainly doesn't purr. <span style='color:red'>What is your idle set at? Should be between 1050 and 1200. Mine idles a little rough until she gets warmed up.</span>

#6 Dealer recommeded a K&N filter. Good idea? <span style='color:red'>Debated all the time, but K&N or BMC are good filters.</span>

#7 Also recommended metal extensions or something to the air intake to breath better? Good idea? <span style='color:red'>Not necessary unless you are adding power to the bike.</span>

Thanks! (More biker girls for your viewing pleasure)
My answers are in red.

If you already separated the sticker - too late, you've got a mess! I tried goo gone
crazy.gif
- water would have worked better
laugh.gif
!! I think you have to use a hairdryer and remove all at one time.

Stickers, just use a hair dryer and your finger nail ! Worked for me and with NO PROBLEMS!

Air Filter, well if you don't do any mods to the engine, the stocker is best for power. In a couple of threads people said they loss some power with a KN until their air box mod was made  
beerchug.gif

Back