Need Advice... Please

Tejas Busa

Registered
hey all, I'm 43 and clean cut and have had a motorcycle of some sort since 1981.... but anyway I let my drivers license and motorcycle license expire... ugh.... got a thousand excuses as to why... work, kids, wife, life and besides I thought the darn things where good for 7 years or so... but the thing expired 3 years ago... oops... just never looked till the sales person at the Suzuki Dealership in July said "hey you know your license is expired" but anyways... I took my car driving test friday and passed now I have to take my MC test monday.... I only have my busa to take the test with... what do you think the trooper is going to say when he looks at what I'm planning on testing with.... and any advice or tips on what to do and shouldn't do... My MC driving skills are good and  I should have no problem passing but I am worried about the busa reputation or actually any sportbike reputation which may make the trooper bias against me.....  

Sorry for the long post, just been stressing about the whole thing all weekend.... and actually have been putting the thing off for the last couple months... but now I must face my fears.... Thanks for any help....

Tejas Busa
"05 LE Busa"

No worries. Show up with gear and you shouldn't have any problems. Your riding will speak for itself. As long as you don't wheelie into the parking lot and do a stoppie into a parking stall, you will be fine.....really, what could go wrong?

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

just go do dont worry maybe he will be a bike lover
smile.gif
and good luck

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127093678 -->

Not sure how it works with expirations....but when I returned to FL....I just asked that my MC endorsement be put on there. I had moved from FL for about 5 years...
No questions...no tests.
rock.gif

I think in most states if your lic is expired by more than a month you have to start from scratch.
Not sure in your state but here in cali the hardest part of the test is the slow speeds and tight turns. I took my test on a 600cc dp bike and it was cake. The guy ahead of me was on a sportbike (same deal got caught expired and had to re-test) and could not make the tight slow circles without putting his feet down (a no-no) . On his last shot he gassed it, shot out of the circle and crashed into a pole.
sad.gif

Yea.... worked on slow speed tight turns all weekend.... but really had no problems... I feel good about my skills.... just nervous.... whats the worst that could happen..... ugh..............

Plus I dont think you have to worry about prejudice, the woman who gave my test knew nothing about bikes period.
The first part of the test you have to identify throttle, kill switch, brake levers etc on your bike. We get to starter button, and I give the tester a weird look and point to the kickstarter (remember this is a dirtbike). She says -- no, there is a button you press and it starts -- you have to show that to me to pass this portion. I inform her that the bike is kickstart only and no "button" exists to perform that function. She says "you are kidding -- right?" . With that, a guy tester wanders over and whispers something in her ear and she says " ohhhhhh ok -- well go ahead and start it up". So, I jump on it and it fires 3rd kick. She says "WOW, you have to go thru all THAT to start it -- I would never own one like that".

I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN I TESTED. JUST BE RESPECTFUL AND LISTEN TO THERE INSTRUCTIONS. I SAILED RIGHT THROUGH IT. YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK!

Don't know what the test in like in other states, but it was fairly tough here on a Busa. The test here consists of slow speed parking lot stuff. Took the test with four other people, all of them on big cruisers. I was the only one that passed that morning. To add insult to injury, they were all taking it for the second time.

let us know how it goes, and what you had to do!  
blush.gif
And good luck friend!

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127155670 -->

Here in CA you can take the MSF class and DMV will waive the the riding portion.

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: "fat fingers"|1127155865 -->

Yahoo.................. I passed with no problems.... only got one gig... left the turn single on to long, you know you push the button to cancel and sometimes you just don't push it square on enough but no big deal only stayed on maybe a extra 100 feet or so..... She did say to me though after the test was over.. " You've been riding along time, haven't you?"  I said yes and explained the whole story to her.... she laughed, I laughed and I was out of there and LEGAL AGAIN... YAHOO..... Thanks all for the help.... now I'm going for a busa ride............
race.gif

Got myself legal after riding 19 years without a MC endorsement. Decided to get legal when I found out that in Fl they can take your bike from you (as in you no longer own it) if they want to if caught riding without the endorsement! That and the ticket for not having it went up to $150+ if they chose to be nice (which they did)

Back