Need some advice

I wouldn't worry about buying a new busa right now under these circumstances unless you are very wealthy and can afford to pay super high premiums. Maybe something with around 50 cc's is what you should be looking for. Anyhow good luck with whatever happens bro!:beerchug:

I'm not buying a new one...? What are you on about?

I'll echo the lawyer advice--the last thing you want to do is represent yourself in a situation like this. Find a sportbike forum in NC and post up asking for local references. I know around here that there are 3 or 4 good lawyers that most people use for speeding/reckless driving. You pay the lawyer, and he/she takes care of everything for you. The cost will be steep, but you don't want that crap on your record.

And a word of advice from a guy who was in your shoes 20 years ago. Contrary to what you might think, you are not in fact immortal. If this incident makes you think twice about ripping along at 120+ on a public highway, consider it a cheap lesson learned.

Good luck man, and I mean that sincerely. :beerchug:

sounds like you were cut a lucky break. Get ready to pay thousands of dollars no matter what.

hmm lawyer fees, court fees, fines, insurance surcharge, raised insurance rates, and whatever else.

ive had one for goin 80 in a 40 before in TX, and i got it on differed ajudication and had to take a defensive driving class.... could be an option

ive had one for goin 80 in a 40 before in TX, and i got it on differed ajudication and had to take a defensive driving class.... could be an option

I would love to see the judge who allows that one, but yes, that would be absolutely fantastic.

havent had this issue since i was a teen. then i got out of it COMPLETELY with no points even. Got a lawyer and made a deal to take defensive driving class on a saturday.:beerchug:

Man, I hope hope you have deep pockets, I mean really deep, if this doesn't wake you up your problems may be more than just the need for speed.:poke:???

Heya, I'm registered from another motorcycle site.

I know this is going to sound harsh (and like I'm an outright *******), but you should have nothing to do with anything over 50 HP. You've proven over and over (10x) that you cannot obey the basic traffic laws. The last thing in the world you need is something that can go 180+.

There were a few people here who suggested a 50cc cap, or that you would become a statistic. Listen to them. They're been riding a hell of a lot longer than you have, and I'm willing to bet they have displayed better judgement.

I've been a firefighter/emt for 4 years, and I'm sick and tired of washing the brains off freeways and streets because some dip**** was going way way way faster than their reactions and the law allows.

I hate to say it (I've done my share of jailtime) but be prepared for huge fines, a long suspension, and a little bit of jailtime. Unless you are ungodly lucky.

Seriously, Good Luck man.

Originally Posted by Isaiah 40:31 View Post
I'm in Asheville. Got a 121 in a 55. This is my first.
What's with all the state cops around here?

I have no idea dude. It's f*cking bullsh!t though. I had ten of them roll up on me after I was pulled. WTF??

(What's with all the state cops and It's f*cking bullsh!t) ? :banghead::banghead::banghead: Both of you just don't get it, do you? Your both "out of frickin control" and you've just earned an a$$ stomping of a ticket to hopefully learn this concept and what it cost be a danger to others let alone yourselves.

Sorry Garrison for not being as gentle as others and for throwing some reality in your face but I too was young and real smart once,I put something on my record 20 years ago that wasn't even half as crazy as what you've just pulled off and it still hunts me to this day and for all the things I never got caught for, thank god :please: I never killed someone.

If a lawyer is going to help you, go talk to one,tell them your story and your financial ability. Do what ever it takes,rack your brains,get a loan-with a cosigner even,beg ,barrow, what ever it takes and do it sooner that later, good luck and don't give up-but get on it!, Oh and slow down please.

Last edited:
Back