~~   lots of pics   ~~

Thats sad, but WOW your doing something right to have Danes live that long!!! Very lucky, Ive never had one more than 8, but then again Ive never had Fawns either. I want a Male soon as I get a new house. I'll have to ask more about your breeder when the time comes.

Thats sad, but WOW your doing something right to have Danes live that long!!! Very lucky, Ive never had one more than 8, but then again Ive never had Fawns either. I want a Male soon as I get a new house. I'll have to ask more about your breeder when the time comes.
We have been very fortunate and I know they both have had great, long lives...unfortunately, the breeder we got them from has stopped breeding. Maggie's litter had several puppies that developed H.O.D. which is a problem with gaps between the bones, very painful, high fever usually kills the pup. Maggie had it and we did EVERYTHING we could to get her through it; she was the only H.O.D. pup from her litter that survived. Not long after that litter, Scooby's litter was born and there were other genetic issues, so my breeder opted to stop that blood line and has ceased breeding
sad.gif
At least she is ethical about her decision; I know too many would have kept on going, taking $ for sick pups and not thinking twice...

Great Danes are wonderful dogs, but my two had a list of health problems...Maggie and H.O.D. Bloat took her life in February. Scooby bloated at age 5 and after a night in the vet ER, having his stomach stapled to his rib to prevent bloat again and $1200, he was okay...they've proven to be VERY expensive dogs due to health issues...
sad.gif
They are the best dogs in the world though; I wouldn't trade them for anything
smile.gif

sad.gif

Too bad about your dogs' problems. I hope he has an even longer and happier life with you.
The house is great. I am sure your kids (all 4) and you deserve all the hapiness and joy it provides.
Your garden is specially beautiful. Nice work.

Too bad about your dogs' problems. I hope he has an even longer and happier life with you.
The house is great. I am sure your kids (all 4) and you deserve all the hapiness and joy it provides.
Your garden is specially beautiful. Nice work.
Thanks Miguel...
smile.gif

How are you doing these days? Hanging in there...taking it day by day?
sad.gif
It's great to see you around again...
biggrin.gif

Awesome digs Michelle! Looks like the kids had a blast. I had 5 boys over @ my place for a birthday sleepover with my son a couple weeks ago. We don't have the theme park (as Rythm calls it) that you guys have so I pitched a tent and let them have at it...
tounge.gif

Awesome digs Michelle!  Looks like the kids had a blast.  I had 5 boys over @ my place for a birthday sleepover with my son a couple weeks ago.  We don't have the theme park (as Rythm calls it) that you guys have so I pitched a tent and let them have at it...
tounge.gif
Thanks James...
smile.gif

You know, I could have rented out our place for your son's party
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
I'll work up a price list... LOL

How have you been?

tounge.gif

Back