(Working) Motorcycle Ride

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
My Second Baptist Brethren joined our First Baptist Brothers on a ride to Camp Alkulana:

Camp Alkulana - Where the reality of God's love comes to life

Camp Alkulana is a Christian camp targeting ministry to inner city children. We did labor,including digging a trench to help get the camp ready for the kids coming this summer, it was labor of love.

Roughly 3 hour ride, 3 hours labor, and 3 hours home. Everyone enjoyed and slept well Saturday night after a full day.

This first map shows the ride, approximately 125 miles through the mountains, Goshen pass is very similar to the Deal's Gap, but not quite as twisty. We were very close to the West Virginia border. The most beautiful riding I have seen in Virginia.

Pics from our groups previous rides can be found here:

http://secondbaptistcruisers.blogspot.com/

Route.jpg

Last edited:
First pic of Goshen Pass, note hills and river following road, very similar feel to Deal's

Goshen1.jpg

We ate at a restaurant right down the road from the camp, the name was "Lickety Spilts", I sware it really was only a restaurant :laugh:

Weather cooperated and a good safe time was had by all, the camp was grateful for the help getting it ready for the summer

Lickety.jpg

Back