Narrowed it down to 3

ditchdr

Registered
Jessica and I have been talking and we want to open a business of our own... One she can work as well.. Remember she is running a day care out of our home untill Jake is old enough to go back to school..

Anyhow the 3 that made it to the top are ( Drum roll)

Reopen a bike shop but on a smaller scale. This will also encompas going to bike rallies and doing service work at the rally like oil changes, tires, tune ups, sell and install accessories(sp)..

Next is to open a bistro place.. We will serve like 6 different kinds of frsh soups as well as sandwiches, or salad for lunch.. We both love to cook, and there is no other place like that here.. We know the dinner sales will not be that much, but we can clean up at lunch time.. Figure 9.99 for a bowl of soup, a fresh sandwich, or a salad, and a drink.. Not talking like ham and cheese and so on,, but nice higher end sandwiches and great soup..

And finaly,,

Open a carpet, and tile (hard surface) cleaning business. Clean carpet, as well as tile counter tops showers and so on.. I have steamed cleaned carpet in the past with a buddy of mine, and I enjoy it..

Out of the 3 I want the bike shop, but Jessica is going to be in this also so we both have ot agree. I am fine with all 3.. The Shop would be the cheapest to set up since I have almost everyhting I need except the RV and truck.. The Bistro would be a lot of up front, but can buy used and save a ton.. The carpet business would be the cheapest to get into, but it is also the loswet profit per customer one on the list.

So there you have it.. Jessica will retire from the force 12 years after she goes back,, I have 10 years untill i can fully retire once i go back to the EMS/ Fire feild.. We are looking for something we can do together once were done working for the man..

Now how can I talk her into running a bike shop and not slinging soup lol..

I think you guys will be better off with the bistro if its something you guys enjoy doing than do it. THe thing with teh bike shop is travelling. The profits will be spent on gas and hotels going back and forth to events.

Back