Hey Lowes.... eat this...

u sure did the right thing. apparently lowe's is having some trouble. My good friend and his wife are going thru the exact same thing but with wood flooring. first lowe's gave them the wrong glue and damaged wood. order more wood and it's damaged. order more wood except from a different company and it's damages. the whole story is unbelievable. it's 3 months from the start of all this and their house has been a total mess since and it's still not taken care completly but they finally got undamaged wood out and now lowe's has paid another company 2 intall the wood and it's going well.

u sure did the right thing. apparently lowe's is having some trouble. My good friend and his wife are going thru the exact same thing but with wood flooring. first lowe's gave them the wrong glue and damaged wood. order more wood and it's damaged. order more wood except from a different company and it's damages. the whole story is unbelievable. it's 3 months from the start of all this and their house has been a total mess since and it's still not taken care completly but they finally got undamaged wood out and now lowe's has paid another company 2 intall the wood and it's going well.

I think "Easton" was the company for the marble.. curious maybe same company..

I would've done the same...and there would be a letter to the corporate headquarters the next day also with names, times, and topics...2hip

IMO, customer service everywhere has gone to hell. I've got a few places now on my list that I will never spend money at again.

Just had an experience at the local BMW dealer where I took the wifes car in to get a screw replaced in the headlights and have them properly adjusted. $139 later, "yup, we fixed the lights". Drive it in the early AM and the lights are pointed at the ground, 19ft in front of the car to be exact. I take it back in, "We'll adjust them again" = Me - "Uhh, no, they never adjusted them in the first place". Apparently not many people curse at the service guys there, I had the managers ear quickly after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've done the same...and there would be a letter to the corporate headquarters the next day also with names, times, and topics...2hip

We've done this a few times. Benigans was my favorite one that I did. It seems no coincidence that all of them in my area are shut down now.

the lowes here in mishawaka is def better then that, better then our menards and our home depot as well, but that isnt really saying much???...I would have canceled the carpet order when they refused to replace the original 3 damaged box's

I agree with Dawn on the Lowes vs Home Depot. Lowes is much more user-friendly.

Unfortunately, most corporations make policies for the lowest denominator of their employees. Because apparently, employees are really 6 year olds who can't think for themselves and need to have an iron-rigid policy system that doesn't let them make something right. They also think that most customers with a complaint are really just trying to get something for free - scamming bastiges.

Good for you for canceling the order. That's really the only way companies get the hint.

I agree with Dawn on the Lowes vs Home Depot. Lowes is much more user-friendly.

Lowes has it's own strain of issues, but I dislike Home Depo even more~!~

Went to the local NW hardware store this morning, in and out in 5 minutes...

Never been a lowes or home depot fan.. Shop local keep the money local.. It was cost a little more, but its well worth it.

Never been a lowes or home depot fan.. Shop local keep the money local.. It was cost a little more, but its well worth it.

I agree...however, our local independent stores don't have what we're looking for all the time. And it seems that, often, when we need home improvement items, it's an emergency at an odd time of day and the indies aren't open.

Back