Made a deal with the wife...

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
Well, long story short I am looking at getting the Vulcan 2000 for cruising with my cruiser Friends. Kinda of tired of always waiting for them to catch up or going back down the mountain and passing them again... fun but not really enjoying their company.
Any who... I told the Wife what my plans were and she said that if I tiled the downstairs of the house I could get the bike. I began my quest for the bike and found that I would be tiling approx 750 sq ft. Wife picked out the tile and grout, got a great deal through a Friend (tile was only $2 a sq ft) and began the the project...
Here are some pics of what has happened so far... kitchen is done, dining area is started, then on to the living room and downstairs bathroom...
Oh, I also was able to get some new tools... drill for mixing and 7" wetsaw for cutting... wetsaw also takes dry blade for when I install the wood floor down at the lake house this winter...
First, tearing up the kitchen floor was just a blast..

Tearing_up_the_kitchen.jpg

Then laid that first most important row of all... I was sweating this row... didn't want to get it all jacked up..

Startingt_the_tile_in_the_kitchen.jpg

And here is what it looked like when I was done... no grout yet in this picture...

Kitchen_tiled.jpg

got to let us know how the 2K is once you get it.

Last shot of all tiles in place.. not a bad days work... only one more room left.. the living room.

Finished_dining_area.jpg

I enjoy projects like that. Nice job. A very nice reward in it for you.

Back