Hey Lowes.... eat this...

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
So, we order a pile of marble for the entryway and fireplace...

get all of it home and find like 3 boxed that are destroyed from poor handling.. crap...

Lowes says too bad, we wont do a thing about it...

I have to have the tiles so order 3 more AND a special handling fee.. suck..

3 boxes show up... I make them open and inspect... 2 of the 3 boxes are junk.. (keeping in mind most of this is "over" order in case I break stuff etc)

They eat it, and order more....

Turns out the company sent 6 boxes on the order not 3 so Lowes calls and tells me... Good, I can pick up the tile and finish job... What is going to happen to the "extra" box?

I suggest for the 3 hours back and forth getting tiles and standing there for an hour while they try to fix my order from the 2 junk boxes THEY opened... I should get it for free...

NO CAN Do....

cheapazz place.. few bucks worth of marble to cover me for full boxes and time lost? oh well...

No problem I told them... if you will open my account back up.. you will notice an standing order for the new flooring I was getting... total.. $4500.. you can scratch that...

They go like Huh??

Well if I can not get satisfaction on the tile, what happens when the carpet deal has a problem? I can see it now.. TOO BAD...... right?

Awww wait just a second... we can give the box of tile then...

told them thats ok, keep the stuff.... I can not trust to get good treatment on the tile, just not worthy my peace of mind on the carpet... thank you very much bye bye now...

Good for you!! I can't believe they didn't see a way to make the customer happy LONG before the last straw :banghead:

Hate to hear that Randy. I have had no issues with Home Depot, but I like the Lowes stores better. Whats the plan now? A dedicated flooring company would be higher, but hopefully have better customer service.

I'd send their corporate address a nice little letter with all the juicy details. Amazing how well some companies respond to a good old snail mail letter. Maybe they'll kick you a couple hundred bucks in gift cards to earn back your business. :dunno:

I hate those types of situations.....good for you for sticking it to them.:beerchug:

I have no problem not doing business with a company that treats me like that and makes you feel like they are doing you good by letting you buy from them.

Our Lowes is wayyyyyy better than Homedepot.

Our Homedepot's motto......"If you can't find it nither can we!"

or "Don't ask cause we don't know"

Sorry about your troubles. It sux when you don't get the costumer service you deserve.

So, we order a pile of marble for the entryway and fireplace...

get all of it home and find like 3 boxed that are destroyed from poor handling.. crap...

Lowes says too bad, we wont do a thing about it...

I have to have the tiles so order 3 more AND a special handling fee.. suck..

3 boxes show up... I make them open and inspect... 2 of the 3 boxes are junk.. (keeping in mind most of this is "over" order in case I break stuff etc)

They eat it, and order more....

Turns out the company sent 6 boxes on the order not 3 so Lowes calls and tells me... Good, I can pick up the tile and finish job... What is going to happen to the "extra" box?

I suggest for the 3 hours back and forth getting tiles and standing there for an hour while they try to fix my order from the 2 junk boxes THEY opened... I should get it for free...

NO CAN Do....

cheapazz place.. few bucks worth of marble to cover me for full boxes and time lost? oh well...

No problem I told them... if you will open my account back up.. you will notice an standing order for the new flooring I was getting... total.. $4500.. you can scratch that...

They go like Huh??

Well if I can not get satisfaction on the tile, what happens when the carpet deal has a problem? I can see it now.. TOO BAD...... right?

Awww wait just a second... we can give the box of tile then...

told them thats ok, keep the stuff.... I can not trust to get good treatment on the tile, just not worthy my peace of mind on the carpet... thank you very much bye bye now...
Let me know what flooring you are getting and how much you need. I may be able to get it cheaper.

Back