Nabbed by a FL Trooper...

You already have the best advice anyone can give you "shutp up, sit down, do not to plead guilty and get a lawyer"

I was tagged in a similar situation a few years ago. Lawyer made it go away, and I didn't have to make the mandatory court appearence. Nothing ever appeared on my record.

Not to piss you off, really. What would that do for you that easy overs eyes didn't do for him in this instance. RADAR on, detector beeps, speed registered, turn around in progress, hit zoom, proceed cautiously. Radio ahead if needed.

I'll take the gold :laugh:

And any decent traffic unit will write full tilt if detector is spotted. :banghead:

BUT, if radar is constantly on, then detector beeps, rider slows before being spotted, po po sees a law abiding cyclist drive by. Plus, I am also a quick draw McGraw w/ stashing the detector in my tank bag..less than 2 seconds easy!! Been there done that.

new florida law I believe is a MINIMUM $1000 fine for anything
50+ speed limit (first offense).

It's lawyer time....good thing he stopped you though, GOD knows
what would have happened had he not been there...the earth would
begin to spin the other way, global warming would have shot thru the
roof, children would die, birds would fly upsidedown and sht themselves...
oh wait...NOTHING would have happened had he not been there. Then...
why is he there?

State Patrol = high school hall monitors and need to go the way of the
dinosaur. They perform no real police work, no real benifit, except for
garbage detail at an accident. Heck in a real police environment...you get
traffic detail for screwing up, that's all these guys do. Worthless, hate 'em
nothing but a hemorid in the publics arse - rant off :banghead:

I know we have some officers on the board...I wonder...a cop owning a busa
that hands out tickets...do they not speed ever and keep the busa under the
posted limits or are they just hipocrats. Not judging just wondering...
I do know several police officers that do not do speeding tickets unless
it really called for, I'm talking about the troupers where that's all they do.

I love the uh..."I would not give another officer a ticket" BS

Last edited:
new florida law I believe is a MINIMUM $1000 fine for anything
50+ speed limit (first offense).

It's lawyer time....good thing he stopped you though, GOD knows
what would have happened had he not been there...the earth would
begin to spin the other way, global warming would have shot thru the
roof, children would die, birds would fly upsidedown and sht themselves...
oh wait...NOTHING would have happened had he not been there. Then...
why is he there?

State Patrol = high school hall monitors and need to go the way of the
dinosaur. They perform no real police work, no real benifit, except for
garbage detail at an accident. Heck in a real police environment...you get
traffic detail for screwing up, that's all these guys do. Worthless, hate 'em
nothing but a hemorid in the publics arse - rant off :banghead:

Thats kind of rough isnt it?

Thats kind of rough isnt it?

Speeding is a victimless crime. I would rather see an officer patroling the
street I live on or my kids school than parked on a busy road hammering people
on monday morning just trying to get to work going 10 over. Get a real job
do some real good. A radar gun accomplishes NOTHING.

I bet most cops know where the dealer houses are or streets for buying
drugs...but that's to hard. Lets get a traffic stop :banghead: and that's the
city and county.

Now you have a highway patrol orginazation...that's all they do...
stop me from doing 85 in a 70 on the interstate :rofl: and if they are not
there...nothing, no difference. What happens if you don't stop that guy doing
90 on the interstate...oh I know, he gets there sooner :cheerleader:

It's funny how well the autoban works ain't it...hmmm ???

Great advice... commit a felony for a speeding ticket... :banghead:

The potential felony started when the speed limit was exceeded.
Killing a pedestrian at that speed, for instance, is even more serious.

However the rider in question took a fair risk and no harm was done.

If you want to ride a bike fast you must have the balls to take the right evasive action when required.

If you know your road and its a fair risk a few minutes of acceleration is all that is required to get away.

The problem with most men today is that they are like sheep and too hen pecked to do something about it. If someone says "Bay like sheep" they will do it.

Part of riding a bike is quick descions, taking risks, being naughty and the sheer exhilaration of it all

If you want to be a sissy buy a Cadilac and conform to all rules.:rulez:

Very boring!!!

Speed traps in most countries are unfair and simply a money making racket and has little to do with safety or saving lives.

Everytime you get on your bike you are at risk from other idiots on the road but no even although they are killing the bikers with reckless or dangerous driving ......no no :poke:its the speed thats the problem.
Utter nonsense.

Sorry I feel very strong about this.

My wife and I are well travelled and everywhere in the world the speed nonsense persists.

Pine ???

Last edited:

city and county.

Agreed a 1000x over!!!:thumbsup:

Over Easy: We met in Daytona a couple of years back. From what you describe briefly above this is a typical "very sloppy" Fla trooper stop. They are trained to use Radar v e r y specifically. And it is to BY LAW be used as a secondary speed measurement device. That is how they are trained as the law stipulates. Now the reality is, once class is over, Johnny Cowboy is told to go out there and write tickets. Nobody is there watching him, he forgets what he is trained to do. He knows that gun can do all his work for him and they get LAZY. I have successfully beaten all but one of my radar stops. And the one I didn't beat, I didn't beat it because the cop actually employed it correctly and I knew it when I was stopped.

From the way you describe this event, it sounds to be very beatable. And I am not trying to withold this info from everyone else, it will just take me a lot of time to type it all out. If you PM me we can exchange phone numbers and I can ask you a few basic ?s and tell you pretty much how these guys get speed stops done WAY WRONG. BTW I currently have a 160 in a 70 ticket in the Seminole County court system right now.:whistle:

Seminole county has asked for delays twice now. Maybe by Febuary (it's been over a year now) it will get b4 a judge. And for this event I did hire a traffic attorney. As soon as I subpeoned records from Seminole county they became asshatz. So I hired an attorney and now they are delaying.

I can tell you that 90% of the tickets in Fla. written by RADAR are written improperly. Not because they gun is defective.....the COP is.

I know you are analytical and you are good with numbers. I can explain in about 30 minutes how a RADAR gun works and you can go before a judge and pretty easily argue and proves thru mathematics that the cop has NO IDEA what your actual speed was, and that he didn't employ the use of the gun properly. I go with spreadsheets, the Fla state training manual, the Operator's manual for the Radar Gun etc etc in and and all the cop has to do is testify he has been trained properly (that little card they ALWAYS show ip in court with) and that they graduated high school math and then you can walk a judge thru the rest.

It isn't all that difficult to do, but granted at the speed you were ticketed at, the stakes will be higher. And dude I don't think the fine will be anywhere near as low as $500. The last one I went to court for (and won), they had some Gixxer dude at 132 with no real defense. The fines were over 1400 by the time the judge finished with him.

This is somewhat re-aasuring and I look forward to speaking with you from your experiences since it looks like you have gone through what I am getting ready to go through, but I also know better than to count on anything.

PM sent with contact info.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Over!....@ that speed Solo...Buh Bye!

Hey man. Haven't seen you since the first time I met you at the HESS and saw that monster Busa of yours. Maybe you would have been "Buh-bye" but this is shortly before you head into the town of Brooksville and your not hauling it through there. Also, I don't know any of the off-roads around there.

Know any good lawyers that have dealt with the Hernando County court system?

Last edited:
that sucks man, hope it works out for you!
the good thing is these days they take all kind of credit cards for payment!:laugh:

Hey man. Haven't seen you since the first time I met you at the HESS and saw that monster Busa of yours. Maybe you would have been "Buh-bye" but this is shortly before you head into the town of Brooksville and your not hauling it through there. Also, I don't know any of the off-roads around there.

Know any good lawyers that have dealt with the Hernando County court system?

Sorry Brother wish I was with ya..I would have decoyed for ya!:laugh:..I've never had any dealings with Hernando even though I lived there..It's a Bad situation your in...If you have time I would go ahead and take that DD saftey class gonna have to do that for this anyway!:banghead:

Bear in mind I'm advocating wanton chaos on our nations highways...
What I'm suggesting as an example is all relitive...if traffic is light on the
interstate and guy goes by in the speed lane at 110 and nobody is even
in the lane...let 'em go, what harm is caused.

On the other hand if traffic is heavy and you got a guy speeding up
on the back of cars, slamming on brakes, tailgating, splitting cars...
hammer his arse for wreckless.

It's the wreckless part that's the key...

Flow of traffic must also be considered, if everybody on the interstate is clipping
along at 110...so be it

Our "mainstreet" is a 6 lane highway with ample additional lanes for turning...
they recently dropped it from 45 mph to 35 and camped the locals (I'm talking
3 bikes and 2 cars in about a 3 miles stretch) hammering the workfolks
between 7-9 in the morning and 4-6 at night...wtf. Meanwhile my compressor
gets stolen out of my garage :banghead:

I've lived in this town for 39 years and have seen few...very few accidents
on this road. 35 is LAME. Cops aren't there traffic flows at about 50 anyway
and what happens...nothing.
Hemorids....nothing but hemorids....

Last edited:
Here is the stretch of road (there were no cars on the road): Google Maps

You'll see the rise in the distance. Just as I was cresting he was coming the other way at about 60 MPH based on my trained experience of judging speed...heck I probably have a better idea of judging speed than him.

Last edited:
not correct
depends on the model, hand held units can do both moving and stationary.
It is his option to arrest and impound. Since you pulled over immediately, probably saved you that part.
doubtful he made up the speed. He does not need to show you a thing.
It is called tracking history, he does not, and probably will not lock your speed in.
It has been my experience, locking a speed does nothing to satisfy the violator. They will argue it was not them you locked, so it is a moot issue to lock a speed.
Good luck with this one.

Come on now, these sentences are FACTS! "The burden of proof is on the police. He'll have to demonstrate precisely how he measured your speed. As I stated, the rest is my 'understanding'.

city and county.

It's easy to take this approach but you have to look at the big picture of things. There is a balance that must be maintained.

For instance you say the radar gun accomplishes nothing and I'm sure many agree as they don't like tickets. You say you would rather a cop be working your neighborhood hammering people than working a busy street. Many times that busy street they work is someone else's neighborhood.

As for drug houses, yes cops know where they are. On the flip side of this cops also know what the US Constitution says about search and seizure. Cops would love nothing more than to bust these drug houses but to do so a case must be built and probable cause must be established. There is a big area between knowing and proving. Only when people are willing to give up more of their civil rights will an officer be allowed to go kick in the door without building a solid case. Are you willing to trade your fourth ammendmenet right that says you have the right to be secure in your person, your home, your papers and your effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures? Are you willing to allow cops to barge into your home because a neighbor called in a hot tip after seeing a bunch of cars at your house or search you for no apparant reason or tap your phone based on a whim?

Now comes the highway patrol. Are you willing to remove all speed limits? This would mean that you and your family when travelling on the highway, or you on your busa would be amongst trucks weighing 80,000 lbs driving as fast as they wish. Or better yet that 16 year old that has had his license for only two months passing you at 100mph plus. How about when your 17 year old daughter goes on a date, do you really want that kid to be able to get your daughter to the prom, or movies, or dinner that much faster? I agree if everyone could legally drive 90 or 100 or faster we would get there quicker, or maybe not get there at all.

Point I'm making is everything comes at a price, rules are in place for reasons. I agree some cops are worthless and some areas only enforced for revenue but at the same time we know the rules and know if we don't follow the rules there are punishments that are imposed when we are caught. I'm not saying it's not a flawless system but I don't know of one that is any better when it comes to balancing all that is involved.

Now comes the highway patrol. Are you willing to remove all speed limits? This would mean that you and your family when travelling on the highway, or you on your busa would be amongst trucks weighing 80,000 lbs driving as fast as they wish. Or better yet that 16 year old that has had his license for only two months passing you at 100mph plus. How about when your 17 year old daughter goes on a date, do you really want that kid to be able to get your daughter to the prom, or movies, or dinner that much faster? I agree if everyone could legally drive 90 or 100 or faster we would get there quicker, or maybe not get there at all.

I like your argument but you have to admit that it is extreme. Who is going to abolish all speed limits? The Germans have very specific and strict limits in areas that warrant it. That fact along with a superior driver's training system and discipline standard keeps things in check. Also, the example of 80,000lb vehicles speeding at the max is not likely either because of fuel economy concerns as well as speed limitations on them due to size.

Keeping it real, you have to admit that law enforcement agencies and their corresponding municipalities petition for artificially low speed limits in order to continue reaping profits from otherwise harmless drivers. This is to fund the payroll and equipment funds of said agencies.

You definitely need to hire an attorney; he or she may be able to cut you a deal to plead to a lesser charge--all before entering the courtroom.

Back