Troopers seize bike

BrianKesler

Registered
This is a really really bad day

LAKELAND | A motorcyclist trying to elude Florida Highway Patrol troopers reached speeds of 120 mph on Interstate 4 during a tense pursuit that began in Lakeland and ended in Hillsborough County with the arrest of the 21-year-old driver Monday morning, the FHP said.

Robert Glenn MoirRobert Glenn Moir of 11522 Annette Avenue in Tampa was charged with aggravated fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, driving with a suspended license and driving without a motorcycle endorsement, a FHP spokesman said.

FHP Capt. Cindy Williams spotted Moir shortly after 10 a.m. speeding west on I-4 near Lake Alfred.

When Williams attempted to pull Moir over, he hit the gas, accelerating to more than 120 mph, reports said.

Williams radioed to an FHP plane for help, along with other FHP units.

The chase lasted about 30 minutes as Moir continued to run from troopers, weaving into and out of traffic at high speeds and passing some cars on the outside shoulder of the road, according to troopers.

The chase continued into Hillsborough County from U.S. 98, then to State Road 39 and finally to Dormany Road in Plant City, where Moir tried to hide from pursuing troopers, reports said.

But Sgt. Miguel Cendan, flying the FHP plane, was watching every turn in the chase and notified the ground units where the driver was hiding.

Moir surrendered peacefully once he realized he was surrounded, and was taken to the Hillsborough County Jail, troopers said. His 2007 Suzuki motorcycle has been seized.

[

You have a strange definition of a really really bad day.

A really bad day for the cops maybe? I know that they LOVE doing pursuits, but they don't cause it is dangerous? However, he should have just pulled over. He is lucky he didn't spill or wipe out. Lucky he didn't die or kill someone else...ya know?

A bad day for all sportbike riders!!! Cases like this only serve to reinforce the image that law enforcement and the general public have about us. Interstate highways are not race tracks:poke:

A bad day for all sportbike riders!!! Cases like this only serve to reinforce the image that law enforcement and the general public have about us. Interstate highways are not race tracks:poke:

The voice of wisdom and common sense...I concur and echo +1000

Wow!!! 120? Incredible!!!

He must have been on a vespa! :rofl:

What a tool.

i love it when people rag on these guys... is riding at ridiculous speed stupid? yep. has just about everyone here ridden that fast or faster on a public road at one time or another? yep. other than that running from the popo, riding while suspended, and riding without a mc license gets this guy what he deserves.

+1

another shi# for brain punk. he deserves what he gets.

Wonder how fast he was initially going?

Speeding is a such a victimless crime, I'm not talking about doing 120...I mean if the speed limit is 70 and your doing 85-90 who gives a fly flip except for the hall monitor worthless turds with the flashing lights on their cars. I guess it's easier than doing real police work.

On the other hand, the guy has no license so evidently has a history of driving like an arse, he needs to lose his bike. Not to mention the public danger of a 30 MINUTE high speed pursuit...he is lucky he's alive.

Yea good to him losing the bike now maybe i can get a bike for cheap at auction yea dic* of me but he should of just stoped

i love it when people rag on these guys... is riding at ridiculous speed stupid? yep. has just about everyone here ridden that fast or faster on a public road at one time or another? yep. other than that running from the popo, riding while suspended, and riding without a mc license gets this guy what he deserves.

HAHAHAHA My thoughts exactly. Seems we are a bunch of hypocrites dosen't it. Seems it's ok to do it unless you crash or get caught. We all love and oogle those 115 mph vids, then turn around and bust a guys balls over 120. Show me a Busa rider that hasn't done that +++. Guess we all think it's ok because we are doin' it safely? Who can see a cop in there mirrors at 120 anyway? :laugh: He may not have even known he was being pursued until he was surrounded. :lol:

I'm glad he didn't do somethimg serious like not having his tag displayed properly. :rofl:

That's why when I ride with someone I don't know I discuss the cops thing and tell them that I don't run and I'm gonna stop so.......It's just not worth it to run.

Back